Great deals for European Union based head-fiers
Oct 16, 2008 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kane-DK

100+ Head-Fier
One of the joys of living in the European Union is the heavy tax on imported goods – it can easily be about 25% extra. So usually a good deal from outside the EU, quickly turns to a not so good deal, unless you choose to cheat the system. Also we can look with envy on the great deals that lots of American websites has, but for US residents only.

So this is why I suggest that we look for great deals based within the European Union, and collect them in this thread. I will update this OP regularly and add whatever is found.

Let me give an example. One this website you can get the Denon D1001 for about 100 euros, which is about 30 % less than I would have to pay in a store in Denmark. It is deals like this I would like to know of.

I hope a lot of members will contribute to this.

Thanks

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 7
Then why not name this thread according to the European Union?
Cause there are several European countries who are not part of the union, and hence its not such great deals anyway..
wink.gif

Like: "Great deals for European Union head-fiers"

Edit:
Jacob. Forgot to tell that I think its a great idea. Lots of good/amazing deals out there, which we miss out of because we never become aware of it.

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 7
why don't you come join us? we could need norwegian oil - uhm, strictly for headphone and vinyl production, of course
smily_headphones1.gif

as to imports into the european union, a nice change will be the greatly increased toll-free limit (150 euros instead of 22 euros) come december.

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riordan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why don't you come join us? we could need norwegian oil - uhm, strictly for headphone and vinyl production, of course
smily_headphones1.gif

as to imports into the european union, a nice change will be the greatly increased toll-free limit (150 euros instead of 22 euros) come december.

You don't have to pay the custom fee but still VAT which is the greatest part of it anyway. Atleast thats how it'll work in germany. The whole thing is a joke.

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riordan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

No thanks!

I see some benefits of Norway joining EU, like no VAT when importing cross-border inside EU, cheaper cars/motorcycles, audio gear, ...
But also a lot of downsides, especially sharing our wealth from the oil industry with the rest of you.

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #7 of 7
I have updated the title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice thread. Subscribed.

Yes, I think it could have the potential to be a nice thread, but we need to find more good deals
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back