Great deal on the Zen Vision:M...with a catch
Mar 4, 2006 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TenaciousO

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys/gals,

Crutchfield.com has the Zen Vision:M for $299.99 right now. Apply the code PA440, and the price drops to $249.99. The catch is that the item is backordered right now so you'd basically be reserving the item, but this is a great deal imo if you can be a little patient.

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 8
Hot deal, going to give it a shot.

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 8
I would've ordered from Crutchfield, but I needed to buy my ZVM and E4s on the same purchase because I have 0% interest on my AMEX until may (but only on that purchase). Crutchfield wanted $299.99 for the E4s. JandR had the ZVM for $329.99 in stock and they had the E4 for $199.99

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
I would've ordered from Crutchfield, but I needed to buy my ZVM and E4s on the same purchase because I have 0% interest on my AMEX until may (but only on that purchase). Crutchfield wanted $299.99 for the E4s. JandR had the ZVM for $329.99 in stock and they had the E4 for $199.99

How do you like the E4's with the ZVM? It strikes me that might be a killer combo...

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 8
I honestly think that I would like my old Super.fi 5Pros better for most of the music that I listen to. But for some of my favorite stuff I think that the E4s sound SPECTACULAR. The E4s do wonders on my instrumental bluegrass stuff as well as Bela Fleck's jazz and classical stuff. They also sound better with very high female voices IMO (like Alison Krauss).

If you listen to more rock/pop/hip-hop/metal/ect. I think the SF5P are better especially for active use.

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 8
Like I said, it really probably depends on what kind of music you listen to. If you listen to only/mostly rock, pop, hiphip, rap, metal, country, ect. you might be dissapointed with the ZVM/E4 combo. However, the player's bass is very good IMO. I was listening with some KSC-75s just the other day and they sound stellar. I really think the SF5P would be a good IEM to team with the ZVM for rock/pop/rap/ect. (although you never know, I haven't heard this combo yet).

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 8
I've had a ZVM for 2 days and It was love at first sight
tongue.gif

I'm using E4 w/ foamies and it sounds very good. I've also done some extensive listening with my AKG K-240S and they get loud enough for most genres. My PA2 gives the combo the needed kick to really get the volume where I need.

Listening to the K240's with the ZVM volume at max.(25) I don't hear any distortion(no eq)...this is without the PA2v2. With the PA2v2 I set it's volume at 75% and use between 18 ~ 22 on the ZVM.

I tried my DT-880 with the PA2v2 and while there was more detail, the volume just wasn't enough to be fun...I much prefer the K240 with the E4 a close second, giving more detail but lacking that "fun" sound of the K240.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back