Great deal on AKG K701 at Buy.com (of all places)
Dec 9, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Northern Sound & Light not a legitimate seller? I'm not being facetious... I seriously am curious...

I'm not familiar with that company, but I just took a peek at their web site, and it only shows the list price of $499. You have to call or email to get their price.

My comment about "legitimate" sellers was mostly to exclude some really scummy online outfits, frequently operating out of Brooklyn or New Jersey, that advertise incredibly low prices, but use tactics such as these:
  1. don't ship the product, then try bait-and-switch to get you to buy something else at much higher price
  2. remove included accessories, then try to charge you to put them back in the box
  3. sell gray market product that isn't warranteed by the U.S. distributor, without telling you (some legitimate dealers, such as B&H, might offer gray market products, but they also offer the U.S. versions, each properly identified)
  4. ship refurb product when you ordered new
In my experience, Buy.com doesn't do any of those things. They ship what they sold you, no hassles or tricks.

Dec 9, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 28
NS&L is great. They are a real business that happens to have a good deal on K701s. Nice people, too.

Dec 9, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received a $25 off coupon for anything $199 and up from NSL today via e-mail. If ya got that and put it toward the $244 that's a deal that would be hard to beat.

Ditto.... That $25 coupon had me thinking of a second 701.....

Hey, ya never know when you might need a backup ;-}

Dec 9, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received a $25 off coupon for anything $199 and up from NSL today via e-mail. If ya got that and put it toward the $244 that's a deal that would be hard to beat.

Awesome deal. And to think, my local snooty audio shop sells them for $499.

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #11 of 28
Holy cow. I didn't know you could get K701s for less than $399.

Incredible detail on these phones--and I've always really liked the way they look--just, sadly, not enough bass for me...
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #14 of 28
I can't believe those low prices. The K701 is great.

Need a good amp with the K701 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back