Great Computer Speakers
Feb 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Kitarist

100+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking about buying some new computer speakers.

I was looking at M-Audio AV40 and heard that they really sound great.

The question is should i buy seperate speakers for my computer or should i invest more money in a good speakers + amp + DAC and use that for computer and just for listening music

Thanks!!!

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 10
I think it just depends on how much you'd like to spend. For about $200 total you could get the AV40s and an entry level DAC if you look hard enough, and I was pretty happy with that setup. If the computer setup is your only setup, however, I would go with your second option, and either go with the speakers + amp setup or other powered speakers of similar quality, although either of these options will be more expensive than the AV40s but will satisfy you for a longer period of time.

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 10
I would say stick with the AV40s. They can serve as your computer and home system, plus then it's easier to resist going down the deliciously expensive upgrade path which is too easy to do when you have separate components.

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #4 of 10
But how good they are? People are saying they are great and i would really like to know if thats really so true
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #5 of 10
They sound decently with a bit of a bass hump to compensate for the small drivers, but nothing terrible. It is a sweet sounding little speaker, not very accurate, but nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back