Great buy on Denon AH-D1001 at Buy.com, $80.99 shipped
Jul 24, 2008 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Bostonears

1000+ Head-Fier
Buy.com has the Denon AH-D1001K (black version) in stock at the best price I've ever seen, $80.99 with free shipping. (Sales tax is added in CA, MA, TN, and NY. For free shipping, you must manually select that option in the checkout process.)

See: Denon AH-D1001K - Buy.com

(Screen capture is below. Not sure how long this price will be valid.)

EDIT: See three posts down for link to get an additional 5% off.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 23
Cool price, about $20 off normal?? But hey, that's like 20% off
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 23
MY first set of really good cans. Great Price for an awesome can.
I still prefer these over any can in the same price range. If you have a good source and quality cd pressings these things really shine. I'm listening to W/G Target of Dire Straits-Love Over Gold. I can't stop my feet from tapping...A great Can that produces amazing sound!!

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 23
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good price, but for those of you who will get taxed just go through Amazon: Amazon.com: Denon AH-D1000K Headphones (Black): Electronics

Not much more and Amazon is an authorized Denon e-tailer.

The price at the Amazon link is currently $95.47. Amazon might be an authorized Denon dealer, but it doesn't matter in this case because the price is from a third party reseller, not shipped from and sold by Amazon. And the reseller charges sales tax in some states.

If you want to buy through Amazon because you already have an account there, you can make the purchase at $80.99 shipped from Buy.com, at Amazon.com: Denon AH-D1001K - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - black: Electronics. I'm not attached to Buy.com in any way, it's just that theirs is the best price I've ever seen on this product.

Jul 24, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokenganjaclan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MY first set of really good cans. Great Price for an awesome can.
I still prefer these over any can in the same price range. If you have a good source and quality cd pressings these things really shine. I'm listening to W/G Target of Dire Straits-Love Over Gold. I can't stop my feet from tapping...A great Can that produces amazing sound!!

Speaking of Dire Straits, I saw Mark Knopfler in concert last weekend. His band's performance of "Sultans of Swing" was the high point of the night. Even my girlfriend who never liked Dire Straits now wants to get one of their CDs. The concert stage set was really cool, featuring a huge replica of the round metal resonator piece from Knopfler's famous dobro steel guitar. (See attached cell phone pic.)

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostonears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price at the Amazon link is currently $95.47. Amazon might be an authorized Denon dealer, but it doesn't matter in this case because the price is from a third party reseller, not shipped from and sold by Amazon. And the reseller charges sales tax in some states.

If you want to buy through Amazon because you already have an account there, you can make the purchase at $80.99 shipped from Buy.com, at Amazon.com: Denon AH-D1001K - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - black: Electronics. I'm not attached to Buy.com in any way, it's just that theirs is the best price I've ever seen on this product.

Amazon was actually selling it for $95.99 at the time I posted that comment. Now they are sold out; that's why you only see 3rd party sellers now.
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 23
Well my willpower just went all to hell. Went through the FS forums this morning and told myself "no, you don't need them" to 3 different FS threads. Find this damn thread, and 30 minutes later after reading some threads on these, they have just been ordered. Damn, just damn.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well my willpower just went all to hell. Went through the FS forums this morning and told myself "no, you don't need them" to 3 different FS threads. Find this damn thread, and 30 minutes later after reading some threads on these, they have just been ordered. Damn, just damn.

In the universal words of Head-Fi, "Sorry about your wallet."

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man I would love to see him in concert. I am assuming you live in Europe. Have not heard of him doing a US tour in years, but I could be wrong.

Nope, it was good ol' US of A (Boston). See tour schedule at Mark Knopfler current tour

What makes Knopfler a particularly great performer is that he makes all the dazzling guitar playing look so damn easy. Knopfler acts like he's just hanging out on the back porch with a bunch of his buddies. (Watch some video of Stevie Ray Vaughan as an example of a guy who makes it look incredibly hard to do what he's doing. Of course, it is incredibly hard...)

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 23
Man I wish you wouldn't have posted that link. He played in Nashville July 15. My daughter lives in Nashville. Only about a half day drive from my house. Could have killed 2 birds with one stone. Plus can't think of a better venue to see him at than the Ryman Auditorium. That would have been awsome. By the way, thanks for the headsup on the Denons. Wanted them for awhile and at $76.24, couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back