great bargain pcdp find
Oct 8, 2005 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mahlerfan

100+ Head-Fier
The gpx cdp2104 is $13 at Sears. As you can imagine it has no features. And it sounds like garbage out of the headphone jack.

However-- there is something special about this cheap pcdp-- it has a line out! It sounds clean through the lineout to my pa2v2. It sounds as good, perhaps even better than the panasonic and sony players at four times the price.

I knew to go there thanks to other posters who talked about the gpx players in the past, but I wanted to bring it up again since it's so dang neat to have a pcdp with a line out at such a price!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Glad to hear it worked out for you. The GPX's seem to vary in SQ quite a lot, from model to model. It's hard to lose at $13.00, of course
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, the last GPX I bought (C3848) really skipped VERY easily, like if you even touch it. Is the one you bought better in this regard? I hope so, if you plan on any portable use at all.

P.S. two "inexpensive" sources purchased on my recommendation in the past week... I'm really earning my "Budget Hi-Fi Guy" label. Jude, are you around? Time to drop it next to my username, yet?
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah this one skips if you touch it too. Very sensitive. Using it in the office it's fine. I'll never bother walking around it with it, the experience would be horrible!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back