Great amp for my Ultrasone HFi-580's?
Sep 3, 2014 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tripleh3lix

Head-Fier
Okay, this is going to sound dumb. Is this going to improve quality by a LOT, or is it subtle if I connect a headphone amp to the HFi-580's? I know some headphones don't really utilize amps all that well. I was looking at this on Amazon, and this Bravo Audio V2 has an outstanding review:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADR2DTG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2X47AZR6T6R10&coliid=I2VCOU7CCYJLJV

My question is: Is it worth the price, or is it needed if I enjoy better music quality? I'm not super specific but I do like those small added details I can't hear regularly. Specially with my FLAC files and actual CD's. I just want something that's somewhat dramatically different, and not subtle.

Long story short: Would an amp be the purchase for me if I want improved audio quality? 

I would be using this at home for music and gaming (if possible).

EDIT: Well after some more research for 2 on here, and around online: I bought one. I bought a EH 12AU7. Though it's not a (super high grade)... it should get the job done for initial impressions and never even hearing an amp before. So I'm excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back