Great amp/dac on Amazon?
Feb 20, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 17
One more thing please. If I went with the K812 would an amplifier still be a really good idea?

The THX 789 is $349. The tube amps seem kind of cheap. If I still needed an amp with the K812 I guess the topping L50 fits the bill? According to ASR it is plenty good if it would be a good idea for me.

Edit: it is actually K872 I am set on now. Anything should power them. I do not know how clean the D30 is. It does not look too bad at all. There is always better. Plenty of folks power those with a smart phone.

I decided on the IFI IDSD Pro Signature and K872 both at Amazon. Granted, the DAC is $3,500 but I figured I could not go wrong with it. That is a lot of DAC/AMP for very sensitive headphones but are said to sale up to as high as one is willing to go. I just placed my order. This is a very hih end reference system now I did not even expect to be ending up with. I am sure I will be tickled pink :) .

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #17 of 17
okay, this is going to be the last question...... What about a tube amp then? I do like warm sound. Amazon has hundreds of those but i have no clue which one is any good.
I started with the Loxjie p20 to test the water and recently bought the Xduoo Ta20 and am super happy with it. There both great sounding unit. FYI my Loxjie for sale is in the classified if look for a good starter tube amp.

Most Tube amp don‘t sounds as good using low independence iem but the above too work great with mine. No hiss just better sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back