Great amp/dac on Amazon?
Feb 19, 2022 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
Wondering if Amazon has a higher end one box solution. There is the ADI-2. I did not know if these Chinese DACS are as good/better? How about adding the Topping A30 to my Loxjie D30? Two boxes are okay if they are that small. I honestly have no idea what to even start looking for on Amazon. It seems most of the good stuff they do not have. There is IDSD stuff. Also HDV820 and the Benchmark. I would really appreciate a recommendation. I would like to keep the budget at about $2.5K as well. Much lower is fine too if it buys good stuff.

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 17
Which headphones (or iems) will you be running?

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 17
I have not even decided yet. Perhaps the HD820 or MDR-Z1R. Something closed back. I also need to mention the amp really cannot exceed 10"x11.5" wide. I do not know about the Chinese stuff. There are some name brand amps on there. I am glad I asked because you came back with a very valid question.

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 17
Sure thing! I was just really looking to hear if something like the HE6 was in your collection. How much height clearance do you have if it's a stack?

And is the L x W inclusive of interconnects? Because they can add several inches.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 17
Also, just a note that you don't need a lot to drive these particular headphones to piercing volume levels.

It might be worth looking at AudioScienceReview for how the different amps measure.

Feb 19, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 17
Honestly the Loxjie D30 I have measures very well and sounds terrific to me and others. I thought it would run out of steam with those. Those are considered "sensitive'? If so, perhaps I am already all set. I do not feel that I actually require a more expensive one if this one suits the job.

Feb 19, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 17
I think you'll find that to be the case. I would put funds towards headphones and keep reserves for upgrading down the line. Good chance you'll be very pleased.

Feb 20, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 17
It might get it to decent volume levels, but I don't think you'll get 100% out of those headphones with the Loxjie.

Feb 20, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #10 of 17
how about a schiit lyr or jotunheim. they are compact and you can select a DAC option. i owned a jotunheim for a while - great amp for the price.

Feb 20, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #11 of 17
how about a schiit lyr or jotunheim. they are compact and you can select a DAC option. i owned a jotunheim for a while - great amp for the price.
Those are great recommendations but I think op might be limited to Amazon.

Feb 20, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #12 of 17
I have not even decided yet. Perhaps the HD820 or MDR-Z1R. Something closed back. I also need to mention the amp really cannot exceed 10"x11.5" wide. I do not know about the Chinese stuff. There are some name brand amps on there. I am glad I asked because you came back with a very valid question.
There is an MDR-Z1R in classifieds for $1200 right now.

Feb 20, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 17
I am not sure what amp though. I guess the hdv820 but it is too expensive and too large really. What about adding a small amp with my Loxjie? Or it is not good enough of a DAC for those headphones? I am kind of limited to Amazon. The RME really needs a PSU which I could not obtain. Something else on Amazon?

Feb 20, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 17
Just go inexpensive and get the THX 789. It really has enough power for almost any headphone and it sounds super clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back