Great Amp + Dac for Mad Dogs around $300?
Jan 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

OctaneTwisted

New Head-Fier
I got a pair of Mad Dogs not too long ago and I've been listening to them through a nuforce uDac2 but I'm afraid it's not powerful enough to drive them well. Any good Amp / Dac combos out there for the Mad Dogs around $300 (preferably less, but i don't want to get anything I'll regret down the road)? And also, I haven't ever listened to music through a good amp before, is there really that noticeable of a difference for someone like me who isn't necessarily an audiophile? I just don't want to spend this much money and then not even be able to tell a difference.

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 4
give the schiit Magni a shot as an amp. plenty of power made by people who know what they're doing and there's good early impressions on here. the modi as the matching DAC seems to be a good product as well. (alternately, the O2 / ODAC combo can work).

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I got a pair of Mad Dogs not too long ago and I've been listening to them through a nuforce uDac2 but I'm afraid it's not powerful enough to drive them well. Any good Amp / Dac combos out there for the Mad Dogs around $300 (preferably less, but i don't want to get anything I'll regret down the road)? And also, I haven't ever listened to music through a good amp before, is there really that noticeable of a difference for someone like me who isn't necessarily an audiophile? I just don't want to spend this much money and then not even be able to tell a difference.

Heya,

T50RP's are efficient headphones. They benefit from additional current from an amplifier. Look towards the Schiit Magni, JDS Labs Objective 2, Fiio E09k, Schiit Asgard, Maverick TubeMagic D1 & A1, Audio GD 12.1 & 15.1, etc.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back