"Great" Albums you just don't "get"?
Nov 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #211 of 239
Having listened to Pink Floyd for something like 25 years, I'm convinced "The Final Cut" is an elaborate hoax and was in fact recorded by the hardly known Fink Ployd.

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #214 of 239
Joanna Newsome's Ys. Everyone in the "indie" community and some other critics say she's amazing and her songs are so touching, but I hear mediocre poetry read in a breathy voice by a strangling cat.

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #215 of 239
hmm, "great" albums i dont get. Pretty much anything by radiohead(which is funny cuase i love Muse), anything by pink floyd, and god ive tried, just cant do it. last but not least, the beatles, i get loads of crap for this one, but i jsut dont see the appeal of the beatles :/

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #216 of 239
what's with all the radiohead bashing? you sleep all day and get spoon fed? you've got to feel a bit of sadness to appreciate radiohead. that's what did it for me, one bummer day sitting in my car. before that I admit, I thought it was whiney *****.

also, it's sad to see bad recordings as peoples reasons for disliking music.

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #217 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's with all the radiohead bashing? you sleep all day and get spoon fed? you've got to feel a bit of sadness to appreciate radiohead. that's what did it for me, one bummer day sitting in my car. before that I admit, I thought it was whiney *****.

I just heard some of Kid A the other day, and I have to say it does grow on me a little. Everything In Its Right Place is probably the best RH song I've heard - I mean I actually liked it, which is pretty much a first for me with any radiohead song. So at least they might be worth another listen.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #218 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valens7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never really understood the appeal of Animal Collective.

I was never into their older stuff but the new album "Merriweather Post Pavilion" is an amazing piece of work. I am not sure what the difference is since I do not know them too well but it may be the best album of the year.

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #220 of 239
The Mars Volta. I have tons of friends that listen to them, and I am all for prog/jam bands. I liked their first album alright, but Frances the Mute had too much filler and I found myself fast forwarding to get to the "music". Since then, they have had a couple of albums that are just a painful racket to listen to.

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #221 of 239
Quote:

what's with all the elitist faggotry? You breastfed champagne and gazpacho soup all day and born with a silver spoon in your mouth? you've got to feel a little bit of empathy to appreciate other people's opinions. that's what did it for me, one super day sitting on my pedestal. before that I admit, I thought that my opinion was absolute.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #223 of 239
Albums/artists i don't love but "should":

JayZ: honestly i have never been a fan, i think its because all he does is rap about being awesome and other pointless garbage, hes an overrated punk who stupid kids seem to just love when i was growing up.

Guns n roses: never been a fan, and i really tried.

Slint: apparently a really important and great experimental indie band, i just dont feel it
frown.gif

U2: past Achtung Baby when bono became a jackass imo

NIN: i never was into it, i respect it, but i just dont like it enough to listen to it

Metallica: meh

a bunch more i just cant think them right now, remember these are opinions don't cry please!

Quote:

There is no bashing, there is only opinion in this thread. If you can't take others opinions you should stay away from online message boards son. Oh and yes i am a radiohead fan.

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #224 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's with all the elitist faggotry? You breastfed champagne and gazpacho soup all day and born with a silver spoon in your mouth? you've got to feel a little bit of empathy to appreciate other people's opinions. that's what did it for me, one super day sitting on my pedestal. before that I admit, I thought that my opinion was absolute.

x2

That was a great post, indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #225 of 239
Porcupine Tree: Yawn
U2: Infuriatingly bad. The Edge is a terrible guitarist and Bono has quite possibly the worst voice in rock music.
Dream Theater: I don't care how well they can play, it's all ********.
Animal Collective: They have a couple of good songs, but so much of it is so terrible.
Jazz: Maybe I've just never been in the right mindset to enjoy it, and I'll admit that I haven't tried too much, but I just don't get it.
Vampire Weekend: Tremendously annoying
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea: Maybe I need to listen to this album more, but I just don't understand.
Arcade Fire - Funeral: Same as NMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back