"Great" Albums you just don't "get"?
Oct 24, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #136 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does someone "pwn" on someone else? You better hope that DavidMahler does not see this sentence or he might take his attention from The Beatles to these two bands
very_evil_smiley.gif

Relavance: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6108427-post123.html

Finally:

To say that SOAD is better than Radiohead is like saying Cancer is better than AIDS.

Hahahahah, since my name was brought up I will add my two cents..........

System of a Down is like JK Rowling to Radiohead's James Joyce.

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #137 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahahahah, since my name was brought up I will add my two cents..........

System of a Down is like JK Rowling to Radiohead's James Joyce.

I'm not really worried about davidMahler seeing it, and never was, but more importantly, I still believe what I do. Radiohead has always annoyed the ever loving piss out of me. A pristine recording of a man taking a **** doesn't sound any better than a man taking a ****, that's how I see it.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #141 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To say that SOAD is better than Radiohead is like saying Cancer is better than AIDS.

Awful, parallelism, if you can please delete it..

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #146 of 239
Anything by Daft Punk.
I dont get why it is so popular (I expect marketing and that youtube video have a large part in it). It's just not that good..

SOAD sucks. I'd rather have aids. At least I had fun catching it
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #147 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything by Daft Punk.
I dont get why it is so popular (I expect marketing and that youtube video have a large part in it). It's just not that good..

SOAD sucks. I'd rather have aids. At least I had fun catching it
wink.gif

eh...

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #148 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lejnoss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Opeth.

I'm one of Opeth's newest fans. What album don't you like, or is it their concept of progressive death metal fusion?

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #149 of 239
I am with all the people who can't get into Radiohead. It's weirds, when looking at the type of music I listen to, Radiohead should be top of the list, but I just can't understand all the craze. I respect them as artist though because they ARE good, just not for me I guess.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #150 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm one of Opeth's newest fans. What album don't you like, or is it their concept of progressive death metal fusion?

I definitely could have said I didn't get Opeth for about four to six months...then it just clicked. First I finally got into a section of one song, then the whole song, then the whole album, then all the albums. It was kind of viral for me lol.

Getting used to death growls takes time for sure, it was an obstacle for me to enjoying the music at first but you do get accustomed to it. Eventually it stops detracting from the music and starts adding to it.

I still don't like really deep growls like cannibal corpse and even lamb of god to lesser degree. Can't stand that kind of vocals unless music is truly mind blowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back