Grateful Dead Live/Dead
Jan 20, 2007 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dcfis

100+ Head-Fier
Recieved this today and loaded it to ipod, computer recognizes all but the last 7-10 seconds of each sone this is with realplayer and itunes. cd player and dvd cut them off here too. The booklet states each song should be longer and the singing cuts in mid verse. What anyone else have this problem???

Jan 20, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #3 of 13
Mine plays OK too.

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 13
No not on any of my equipment. I do have another one that was shipped from amazon by mistake and the guy said keep it. I havent touched that one and will check when I get home. All the equipment I have here- 2 pcs, dvd player and car cd all cut off, in fact completely misread the totaltime- but they are consistant with each other.

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcfis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No not on any of my equipment. I do have another one that was shipped from amazon by mistake and the guy said keep it. I havent touched that one and will check when I get home. All the equipment I have here- 2 pcs, dvd player and car cd all cut off, in fact completely misread the totaltime- but they are consistant with each other.

Is this a CD-R or a commercial shrink-wrapped CD?

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 13
Commercial and if its a fake its a damned good one Its frustrating thats for sure- just did a run trough on the car cd and it seems that there is a 10 second splice on turn on your love light meaning the digital countdown goes to 0 then 9-0 again. Strange for sure

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Commercial and if its a fake its a damned good one Its frustrating thats for sure- just did a run trough on the car cd and it seems that there is a 10 second splice on turn on your love light meaning the digital countdown goes to 0 then 9-0 again. Strange for sure

That is odd.

Well, it's broke, can you return it?

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Recieved this today and loaded it to ipod, computer recognizes all but the last 7-10 seconds of each sone this is with realplayer and itunes. cd player and dvd cut them off here too. The booklet states each song should be longer and the singing cuts in mid verse. What anyone else have this problem???

I have a hard time even understanding what the problem is. Do the songs all end too early? Is that what you're trying to say? Which song cut in "mid verse"? Did you get the recent remastered CD (with extra tracks) or the album version?

Do you at least like the music. You can hunt down the original shows that the album is from, you know.

Jan 20, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #10 of 13
Yes correct the songs all end too early. St Stephen is cut a good 7-9 seconds in mid rhyme. This is remastered no extra tracks though ends with the bid farewell- cut short

Jan 20, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

This is remastered no extra tracks though ends with the bid farewell- cut short

If it's the 2001 version it should have the original studio version of "Dark Star" (2:44) as a secret bonus track at the end. Keep playing and check! There was no other bonus track on that CD release.

Jan 21, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #13 of 13
If no bonus tracks, not the remastered version I guess. I've got the first CD master as well: it's in a jewel case, not a digipack, so that's one way to be certain. I've never compared the original with the remaster, so I can't comment on sound quality changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back