GRANT FIDELITY / YAQIN TUBE BUFFER - Great Tube Sound... or... "Splitting Hairs?"
Aug 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to see you posting again Gradofan2! It has been a while since I see posts by you. Cheers.

Thanks... just busy with other priorities... and... I've been focused on getting a plasma HDTV and HDTV source for the football season.

Though... I'm pretty happy with my current headfi set up, which does mean I'm a bit less intense in following the various threads.

And... I figure... there's enough posted on most topics to adequately inform anyone who's interested in any of them - can't add anything of value.

My primary interest in this stuff at the moment is in the PS1000s, and they're priced at such a premium, I doubt any improvement in sound can really justify their lofty price. So... not really a practical pursuit for me.

And... I'm still somewhat interested in a good SS amp that sounds like a good tube amp... perhaps, with the addition of the B283 - maybe the updated Solo SRG, or Caliente, or M^3, or similar. I doubt any of those will sound better than my current set up, but, they may permit less distraction with tubes. Though, all the discussions around the MAD amps, has re-peaked my interest a bit in those.

But... overall... just not a real focus for me right now.

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No... sold my DV332, before I got the B283.

Though, I doubt the DV332 would have benefit greatly from the addition of the B283. I would think that the B283, or any tube buffer, would benefit SS amps more than tube amps.

Thanks mate. You saved me from getting tube buffer which apparently seems to add no benefit to my setup. Cheers.

Aug 30, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #18 of 18
Gradofan2 I should be getting the updated Solo SRGII hopefully in the next few weeks, and when it is fully burn-in I will send you a PM. Perhaps you will want to borrow it.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back