Grant Fidelity A-534
Nov 10, 2008 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

htsource

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone has experienced with Grant Fidelity brand in particular this tube integrated with headphone out:

A-534 Pure Class A SET Integrated Tube Amp (300B) | Grant Fidelity Tube Amplifiers

I was told the headphone jack is tapped off of the 300B tubes, I'm new to tube gears but I've heard a Chinese brand Xindak V30 integrated driving with Totem speakers, and I'm impressed.

It'll be a bonus to get a new tube integrated with headphone jack built-in so I can use my Sennheiser HD-650 late at night
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your inputs.

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi Ian,

I'm very impressed with the bass output of the amp, it drives the headphones effortlessly. I was a bit concerned about the mids being muddy at first, but after some good A/B'ing, it's actually not muddy, but more warm sounding. I'm hoping to try out some new tubes in the near future and I can't wait. This is a fun hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 6
Lots of fun rolling tubes with the A-534, so many options. We now carry the TJ Fullmusic line of tubes which are quite wonderful and the soon to be released in NA 'Premiere' series of Shuguang tubes.

An undocumented roll for the A-534 is using a 12AT7 in the Pre-amp section instead of the 12AX7. A completely different amp. Only suggested if the 10 watts is plenty for your system as the 12AT7 only has about 70% of the gain of the 12AX7, in headphone use this isn't an issue.

Merry Xmas,
Ian

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi Ian,

Not sure if you're aware of but i picked up a pair of TJ 300B carbon plate from Rachel 2 weeks ago, sounds even better! I'm waiting for a rectifier tube, Rachel told me she would get one during the trip. Can't wait to try that out.

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 6
No I wasn't aware or I would have contacted you to get your opinion on them in the 650's.

TJ have just improved their 274B, so we passed on the current version, on suggestion by the owner of TJ who is 75!! and has been making tubes all his life and is still going strong like a kid, when discussing new tubes.

Will get them soon. Expensive but worth it. We've also ordered in some Shuguang 274B's which are a step up from the stock EH 5U4G and very affordable. Also our current A-534 stock is being shipped with the Shuguang 5Z3P Rectifier which is a nice tube too.

So many tubes, so little time !!

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back