Graham Slee Voyager Portable
May 15, 2013 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DazedNconfused

New Head-Fier
Hi , i am new to these forums, but i have been a long time reader, there is a wealth if information on this site, so its very easy to get lost sometimes, (at least in my experience) so i thought i would finally register an account, and ask a few questions specifically.

First a little about myself.

the main purpose for anything i purchase is for audio production/mixing/mastering

I Own the dt 880 250 ohm and i do not have a dac/headphone amp i use the built in headphone jack on my komplete audio 6, which has done the trick for a while, but i still find myself looking for more volume.

The graham slee voyage has caught my interest, do you guys think this would be a good amp for someone who is looking for a nuetral and honest sound? and what does everyone think of the amp? 

May 15, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 4
Love my Voyager, very neutral sound to me, just keep the Contour switch off,
but only worth getting if you have a true, fixed voltage, line output, double amping from
the headphone amp will only degrade the sound quality - (others here will disagree, but they are wrong 
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Being an amateur musician and producer I would never mix using headphones, monitoring maybe
but never the final mix

May 15, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 4
thanks for the reply, i agree with you fully relying on headphones to mix isn't wise, i just use it for late night mixing, and referencing. kind of confused by the second part of what you said, such as the fixed voltage/double amping. are you saying that buying this amp for the phones i have or the purposes that i want it for is useless? 

May 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 4
how will you be plugging the source into the headphone amp?
will it be from the headphone output of the  komplete audio 6 ?

I've looked it up and the KA6 only has balanced outputs
so maybe look for a headphone amp with balanced inputs?
a subject of which I know nothing.

Do you really need more volume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back