Graham Slee Solo
Aug 16, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by reds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have recently got a graham slee solo MKIII
If my source is playing through channel one
when I go to mute or Channel two I would imagine that I shouldn't hear anything
but when I turn the volume up (which is way too loud if I change back to channel one)
I can hear the music at very low volumes through either mute or channel two
is this normal??
biggrin.gif

I'm not experiencing such issue and mine is the (slightly) older version. I suggest you contact Graham. IIRC he will fix any faults within his amp at no cost (if he deems there is a fault indeed).

Cheers!

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 8
Please do not laugh at my suggestion. First unplug the unit and using a tuner cleaner clean the switch you use to togle between source 1 and source 2. Sometimes age, dust, etc. causes the music to "bleed to the other channel".

If that does not work contact Graham.

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please do not laugh at my suggestion. First unplug the unit and using a tuner cleaner clean the switch you use to togle between source 1 and source 2. Sometimes age, dust, etc. causes the music to "bleed to the other channel".

If that does not work contact Graham.

Nothing to laugh at seriously. I use the same procedure to keep the contacts (and surfaces) of my equipments clean and shiny. Works perfectly.

Good suggestion indeed.

p.s. What year is the MKIII from? Is that the latest (2007) version?

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the suggestions
I am wondering whether WD-40 will do the job??
This is because i use WD-40 to sort out the volume knob problems of my discmans
Also,do I clean the inside as well as the outside??
Regarding the version issue, there are MKI, MKII, MKIII , MKIV , 2004 version and 2007 version
MKIV and 2004 version is similar products and 2007 version is only designed due to te RoHS thing and therefore should be pretty similar to the 2004 model

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by reds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestions
I am wondering whether WD-40 will do the job??
This is because i use WD-40 to sort out the volume knob problems of my discmans
Also,do I clean the inside as well as the outside??
Regarding the version issue, there are MKI, MKII, MKIII , MKIV , 2004 version and 2007 version
MKIV and 2004 version is similar products and 2007 version is only designed due to te RoHS thing and therefore should be pretty similar to the 2004 model

I don't recommend the WD-40 as it is meant more as lubricant than as cleaner. Plus it may leave residue behind. An alcohol-based cleaner, such as Ethanol solution, is preferred. And thanks for clarifying the versions. Mine is the 2006 variant btw.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back