Graham Slee Solo vs. Little Dot Mk V
Dec 13, 2008 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lmmo

100+ Head-Fier
Which one has the best synergy with Sennheiser HD650 headphones?

Some pricing details for Europe (including taxes and import duties):

Graham Slee Solo: ~400 EUR

Little Dot Mk V: ~300 EUR

Please vote and comment.

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 5
The Solo is phenomenal with Senns and other high impedance phones - period!

And... at a rather modest premium to the LD MKV in Euro.

There seems to be a fair number of critical comments re: the LD MKV - none for the Solo, except it struggles a bit with low impedance phones.

I really doubt... this is even a contest. It sure wouldn't be for me!

Though... I can't justify buying the Solo in the US for $900+ - its way overpriced at that price. It should be priced in the $400-500 range to be competitive in the US... as well as priced to its performance. The DV332 is much better at half the price... and... the X-CANv8 is also for low impedance phones, but its a bit underpowered for Senns.

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 5
is this a fair comparison , given the price difference?

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 5
The Little Dot Mk V can be found in eBay for $289 plus $51 for S&H to various European countries. To this you will have to add the corresponding VAT.

The newest Solo is the SRG and it retails for 307.82 BP w/ the switching psu. You can find this price in the Graham Slee on-line store. To this you would have to ad the VAT if purchased in the EU.

If you live in the USA at the current exchange rates the Solo SRG would cost you $459 plus S&H versus $289 plus S&H for the Little Dot MkV.

So Gradofan2 the price is a lot less than $900 if you buy the Solo SRG directly from Graham. Just food for thought.

oldson, no it is not. I have made comments like this many times in the past. I will say that a cheaper amp has at time sounded better than a more expensive unit. Do not believe it will be the case here but I have not listened to the Little Dot Mk V.

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Little Dot Mk V can be found in eBay for $289 plus $51 for S&H to various European countries. To this you will have to add the corresponding VAT.

The newest Solo is the SRG and it retails for 307.82 BP w/ the switching psu. You can find this price in the Graham Slee on-line store. To this you would have to ad the VAT if purchased in the EU.

If you live in the USA at the current exchange rates the Solo SRG would cost you $459 plus S&H versus $289 plus S&H for the Little Dot MkV.

So Gradofan2 the price is a lot less than $900 if you buy the Solo SRG directly from Graham. Just food for thought.

oldson, no it is not. I have made comments like this many times in the past. I will say that a cheaper amp has at time sounded better than a more expensive unit. Do not believe it will be the case here but I have not listened to the Little Dot Mk V.

i own a mkv, and although i think its a great amp, it is the 1st that i have owned. i was all set to go for the solo but changed my mind because of the price difference.
i have often wondered if i would have prefered the solo! i am tempted to buy one and sell the unit i least prefer.
i run the mkv off my pc via a zero dac, would the solo warrant a better dac?
just one of a million questions i ask myself! would i be better off changing my phones? will i ever be satisfied? i can now see why so many people have various phones, amps and dacs! it is an addiction.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back