Grado's technical support, fixing my Grado SR225
Oct 15, 2008 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

victor_aigner

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
my grandfather left me his beloved Grado SR225 headphones before he passed away a few months ago... I've been using his cans since then, but since beginning of October I noticed the left sound started to fade out and now it's totally gone.

I've checked the wire and tested the connections with another speaker, both cable and solder joints are fine.

So I would like to know from other users who might have had to deal with Grado's technical support in the past, how much you had to pay to have the transcender replaced and to know where should I send them to.
I'll probably have to buy another set of foam cushion since these are almost gone as well...

Thanks
Victor

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 13
I haven't had to deal with their tech support, but I would call them tomorrow and they will give you the best estimate. You can probably even get them to sell you new pads while they are in for service.

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 13
I was thinking about calling you know, but since my english is not that good I was thinking more like writing an email before picking up the phone
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there a non 1-800 number to call their office? I'm in South America, so a 1-800 might not work from here.

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 13
I called and got the address where to send them to... but they didn't want to give me an estimate on fixing costs...
It's understandable but I'd like to have idea before shipping these cans from the other side of the continent.
In case you have had to ship your Grado's to their shop let me know how much you have to pay...

Thanks

Oct 16, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 13
I have not worked with Grado tech support personally, but they should give an estimate once they receive the SR225s BEFORE they begin repairs. This has been my experience with other manufacturers. Once you have authorized the repairs they would then fix the cans. If you don't like their estimate then you are only out shipping costs. So you are risking very little.

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 13
I'd say it is definitely worth the effort to get them fixed. I would not anticipate it'd be much different than what has been posted here.

If for some reason it is much more than that, PM your address and I'll send you a pair of SR80 that I am not using much. Mind you, they are not new, but they are fully functional.

Additionally, I am sure Grado would like to keep his South America fan base happy
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #13 of 13
Not a problem really. I suspect they'll take good care of you!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back