Grados SR225, E-MU 0404, now what amp?
May 26, 2006 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

samuel

New Head-Fier
Like the title suggests, what amp do you guys feel best complements an e-mu 0404 and a pair of grados sr225? The price ceiling i'm looking at is 100-200 bucks.

I've also seen the headfive, which is a bit above my ceiling, but I'd like to hear if any of you think that would be the best bet (i.e. much better than something else for the price for this configuration).

Thanks.

May 27, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
I've also seen the headfive, which is a bit above my ceiling, but I'd like to hear if any of you think that would be the best bet (i.e. much better than something else for the price for this configuration).

Yes would be my answer. The extra $50 is definitely well spent for an amp that should compete against everything in the under $400 class (assuming Meier's claim it's better than the HA1Mk2 design)

You can always put in a reservation and pay closer to when production starts. Gives you time to save your pennies.

May 27, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 3
Since no one has heard it... But, I just reserved a Headfive for me woodied SR225s. All the feedback I recieved is that it should be a good combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back