daniloreyes

New Head-Fier

[size=10pt]Hi,[/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]I have created a new modification for the Grados. [/size]
gs1000.gif

[size=10pt]I call it the Grado  "Punch Mod".[/size]

[size=10pt][/size]

[size=10pt]After trying the Quarter Mod, I thought leaving some material on the middle and it will be more confortable, so instead of removing the whole quarter size material, I just used a mini-punch whole maker for leather, and made many punches 1/4" in size.[/size]

[size=10pt]Remember, this is just to have fun doing a mod and to enjoy a free improvement.[/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]I also did something with the original pads after making the holes (for the quarter mod) too big,I then made an insert with a different material that was also punched. It looks goofy but its just a fashion statement LOL, Enjoy.[/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]I put a how to video on youtube.[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKGwCgdYF0s

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt][/size]

Here are the pictures:

Punch Mod:

From Drop Box

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EAv-FiM65M--iC1IR3aCg2qWeYqJ9rsewBdLT4PD_0Y?feat=directlink

Quarter Mod with Punch Mod Insert:

(note: the actual holes were not round and this was an experiment to save the pads), Fun stuff...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ADYK_YNygRUhUA_jov7p0mqWeYqJ9rsewBdLT4PD_0Y?feat=directlink

From Drop Box

Let me know your thoughts...
Danilo

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 8
How is it better? Is that just wishful thinking? Seems like it should sound and feel rougly the same. Nice mod.

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 8
True, its just a marketing statement :) I was exited to do something new ...

However I can make it larger than a quarter,also it keeps some of the pading in between the ear and the headphone, I can make different designs (round, square, star), I can use an insert with wild colors.

I just wanted to share my excitement 
beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 8
I like it all the same, I was just wondering 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
True, its just a marketing statement :) I was exited to do something new ...

However I can make it larger than a quarter,also it keeps some of the pading in between the ear and the headphone, I can make different designs (round, square, star), I can use an insert with wild colors.

I just wanted to share my excitement 
beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 8
True, very similar concept although used on a different way and I have a bonus video :xf_cool:  LOL .

So here I add a disclaimer: if by any reason something similar has been posted, sorry but I have not read all previous posts on this forum, although I did search on all Grado mods posts that I could.
Information presented on this website is considered public information (unless otherwise noted) and may be distributed or copied or not, depending on the forum moderator on shift. We welcome suggestions on how to improve posting pages and correct errors. We provide no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of furnished data. LOL.

There, Now May I keep listening/modding/reading about HeadCansPhones? Pretty Please?

Dan
From Drop Box

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

now I get it... wow... true... sorry.... Next time I'll do nice round shapes in a nice round pattern....now how do I remove the trypophobia from my mind?...eeeewwwww 

[size=1.8em]  [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back