Grados in or shipped to Vancouver BC
Nov 23, 2005 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

-Paolo-

100+ Head-Fier
I know of HiFi center and thats it, but they have over priced teh grados a lot.

Are there any authorized stores that will ship to Canada at a fair price?

Thanks.

Nov 23, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 17
Not that I know of. Grado doesn't allow international shipping and all the Canadian authorised resellers overcharge a lot. I'd say get Alessandros instead, or just buy on eBay and hope they don't break, that's what I did with my SR80s.

Nov 23, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
I know of HiFi center and thats it, but they have over priced teh grados a lot.

Are there any authorized stores that will ship to Canada at a fair price?

Thanks.

Sound Plus has SR-60, SR-80, maybe other Grado's at lower prices; can
negotiate a lower price with them. They are on Broadway in Vancouver.

.http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&lr=...43988178950793

Nov 23, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 17
How about an open letter to Grado - asking them either to allow Canadians to buy from authorized dealers in the US or asking them to crack down on the price gouging that is occuring? It might not get any traction - but then again, it might.

Nov 23, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz
How about an open letter to Grado - asking them either to allow Canadians to buy from authorized dealers in the US or asking them to crack down on the price gouging that is occuring? It might not get any traction - but then again, it might.

Yes, indeed.

Part of the problem is that some stores bought their GRADO stock
years ago when the US/CANADIAN dollar exchange rate gap was much
wider and so they inflated the price to make up for any sudden variances
in exchange rates.

I've seen the same high end headphones on their store racks for the past
10 years gathering dust. High end headphones do not sell quickly
in Vancouver, B.C.. Anyway Vancouver itself is one big racket.

Nov 24, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
I've decided to head to HiFi and see if they have demos.

That way I can decide on which SR to get :p

They have demos. Bring your own CD, SACD, etc.

Nov 24, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 17
Find some quoted prices on-line for Grado's then print them out and bring it with you. Hi-fi Centre will go down on the price if you barter with them. I ended up getting my SR-225 for close to what I would have paid from TTVJ.

Nov 24, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 17
Soundplus at Broadway and Ash stocks Grados (SR 125 for CDN $225 and 80's for $150). I believe that Signature Audio on Cambie carries them well, they are liquidating some 325's according to the website. HiFi Centre seemed flexible on prices, but I haven't gone anywhere to really listen yet. I have the CD's in my backpack now, though (grin).

D

Nov 25, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 17
If you can't find them in vancouver, they are stocked at Loyalty Audio in Calgary, the guy there is pretty nice, you could phone and see if you can order them to Vancouver.

Anyway, I had brand new Grados shipped to me from the US, so I am sure lots of places ignore that little Grado-rule... or at least one place did...

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug D
Soundplus at Broadway and Ash stocks Grados (SR 125 for CDN $225 and 80's for $150). I believe that Signature Audio on Cambie carries them well, they are liquidating some 325's according to the website. HiFi Centre seemed flexible on prices, but I haven't gone anywhere to really listen yet. I have the CD's in my backpack now, though (grin).

D

Signature Audio:

http://www.signatureaudio.com/

Sound Plus:

http://www.nsm.ca/Maps/synmaps04.htm

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #15 of 17
I'd go with an Alessandro. The MS2i is excellent value. If you are more budget conscious, the MS1 is great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back