Grados: Gilmore Lite or HeadRoom Micro DM?
May 20, 2006 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking at the MS2i, and a $300 amp. Which would be a better match for Grado's, the gilmore lite or the micro with the desktop module? Are there any other amps in the $300 price range? Thanks

May 20, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 5
I use the Gilmore lite with my 325is and am very pleased with the combo.They seem to be a perfect match .The Gilmore lite is a very good amp for the price.

May 20, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 5
It seems you're not looking for portability, since the desktop module is said to eat up batteries even faster, and GL is not portable, anyway.

Well, Grados sing very well with the RA-1. I have both the GL and the RA1, and if I could keep only one, I'd keep the RA-1. Maybe some people would prefer the GL, dunno about that.

May 20, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 5
the largest difference between the two (soundwise) has to be the particular tone of the notes they give off. the micro is warmer, and has a very smooth extension to the lower notes..... if you think the MS2i is a bit cold or whatever then this might be a good option. If, on the other hand, you like the sound of the MS2i, the glite does a wonderful job giving a very clean, a bit chilly and upper mid/high end extended sound. Both are wonderful amps and i'm currently enjoying hte glite...and have found my experience with the micro wonderful just as well. If your willing to wait, the meier headfive might also be a good competitior.

May 20, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm in a similar situation. I want to upgrade to a better amp for RS2/darth DT770s but I can't decide what. I currently have a headfive reserved but no one knows of it's better than the glite. I've also thought about getting a zhaolu 2.0 DAC with the upgraded amp and just using that... Decisions on a budget suck
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back