Grados for running?
Jun 10, 2005 at 8:59 AM Post #16 of 21
Be aware that there are different HD25 versions out there.

Only the HD25-1 has the split head band which stays well on your head while moving around.

Jun 10, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #17 of 21
I've found the HD-25-1s to be pretty good for running. Their light, they sound good and isolate, and you don't have to worry about them falling off your head. I haven't tried running with the pleather pads, but I expect that could be a sweaty affair, so I recommend the velour pads, which are more comfortable anyway.

Jun 10, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
any grado will fall off your head if your running, unless your really good at balancing your head and stuff.

Not so my good man.
I have a pair of SR-60s/w comfies and they will not come off! I have them shipped to me a while ago and they were rather tied up.

They stay on very well. If you want them to stay put, just find some way to keep them clamped together for a couple of days, and they will stay on just fine.

junkie,

Jun 10, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #19 of 21
Like some have said, the KSC-75s give you alot of that Grado sound for cheap. They are much more suited to portable use as well. I use mine all the time for walking, but they should hold up to running too. I've never ran with mine really because my Karma doesn't like being jostled that much.

I should add that Grados can be used for this too but not as well. My MS-1s(when I had them) actually stayed on my head pretty well. I find the comfie and flat pads better for this use though since they have a larger surface area touching your ear area. The worst thing about Grados while mobile, for me anyway, was the cable. It doesn't fold up well and is awkward.

Jun 10, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Just on sound quality alone, an IEM is terrible for jogging...thump thump thump of your feet and heart.

Not if you wear the shures properly, yuo wont have that problem. They go around the back of your neck and you tie them off, it shouldnt be a problem.

Jun 11, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #21 of 21
Ok, I emailed Grado yesterday about the portables, and just recieved a response:

We have several prototypes that we have, but nothing definite. No future date(s) on any
new models.
Thanks for your inquiry.

Regards,
Grado Labs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back