Grados for doing yardwork
Mar 14, 2010 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

schwallman

1000+ Head-Fier
Looking to get a pair or either 60/80s or the igrados for doing yard work and working outside. Do you think the i grados can be modded like the others with dynamat? would dust be a problem for either?

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depend on the yard work you have in mind.
Mowing the lawn, weed wacker (electric or gas) hell no!
weeding, sure, potting/planting, ranking, etc.. way not..

I was thinking if i got the 60.80, i could replace the grill with a smaller grill so not much would get in it. Id take them apart for cleanings aswell. The igrados dont look that bad though, not sure about the sound quality though.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah you won't hear a single thing if you use open headphones while mowing the lawn. Why does it have to be grados? Why not just get a cheap pair of IEMs.

doesnt have to be , I just like grados.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 13
I appreciate your deep love for Grado... this is clear because you even considered them for doing yard work... not only would they not block out any sound, they would fall off super easy too the second you bent over... you really need some IEMs for this.

These are on sale and quite good IIRC http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/d...ll-com-477237/

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 13
x2 on the idea of IEMs. Much as I also love my sr60s, they are absolutely the last thing I would ever wear for yard work.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 13
Heck, I could hear my lawnmower enough to turn it up a bit with my Atrios, I wouldn't be able to hear my music with cans at all save turning it up to dangerous levels. Get some IEMs, your ears will thank you.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #10 of 13
Even if you did shrink the grills and increase isolation, they're fundamentally open phones. Any increase in isolation will be offset by a decrease in bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back