Grado's are here !
Jan 1, 2003 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TKSingh

Head-Fier
As a rookie to headphones I would like to thank all here for all the great info. I received my 325's yesterday from a fellow Head-Fi'er from the gear for sale board. I am awaiting a Wheatfield HA-1 (again from a head-fi'er) and a pair of Senn 600 (once again from the gear for sale). Once I have everything and have listened I will post my thoughts, for what they are worth. I look forward to contributing to these forums once I have a bit of listening under my belt.

Happy New Year.

ken

Jan 1, 2003 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 10
Happy New Year to you as well, Ken.........you've got a nice set-up there. I'm anxious to hear your impressions when you've had a chance to listen awhile.
BTW, your method of acquisition is identical to mine. Over 90% of my gear was purchased from fellow Head-Fellows. The gear for sale forum is a great place to get well-taken-care-of stuff. I've never had a problem. Enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 10
Wow...that's a sweet setup that you'll have there. I'll be interested to hear from you re) how the Grados perform in the Wheatfield Amp.

Jan 1, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 10
yeah, nice start! the gear you pickup up is very respectable, you will surely like. buying used gear is a smart way to get your foot in the door. I would especially like to hear your impressions of the Grado325s, i may upgrade to these myself (from SR80s). The minimalist approach of the Grados appeals to me.

Jan 2, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #6 of 10
I am using an old cd player, Yamaha CD 565 - a 5 disc carousel player. I am looking for a new cd player (maybe tube, like Jolida, Heart - see my WTB in the forum !!)

As to cables I have a pair of Kimber silverstreaks, ZU Oxyfuels, Audioquest Diamondbacks and some Monster m500(I think).

I don't know what combination I will end up using. Probably Kimbers to receiver, and ZU's to headphone amp.

cheers
ken

Jan 2, 2003 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 10
TKSingh,

Don't feel intimidated with all the technical jargon thrown around here, just tell us what you hear and like with the different items you have and use. Your thoughts and impressions on the headphones and amp will be appreciated and of importance here for others to read and hear your impressions.

OBTW, did you get a set of Sennheisers with the stock cable, or some form of aftermarket one?? I ask as these cans are quite good, but when teamed up with a replacement cable they really strut their stuff.

Jan 2, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 10
Actually they are with the stock cables, I do have a WTB in the gear for sale, 1st preference Equinox, 2nd Cardas.I have not had too much interest from Head fi'ers, I guess they keep their aftermarket cables !

Still waiting on the amp and Senn's , but the Grado's do sound good out of my receiver HP jack !!

Ken

Jan 2, 2003 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 10
You may want to read this post HERE for more info and my comments on the Equinox's ergonomic problems. Not sure if any other cables are different/better, but I think itmight be good to read anyway.

Jan 2, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Nice set-up, and we will be looking forward to your impressions.

Also, our collective sympathies to your wallet.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back