Grados/Alesandro are alot more comfortable than expected!
Feb 10, 2005 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

BigRobb

100+ Head-Fier
Of course I just got my Ms-1s and they came with the comfies but they are much more comfortable than what people make them out to be. Much more comfortable than the px-100s. I forget I even have headphones on sometimes. It seems like its just me and the music.

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 40
I agree, the infamous "Grado uncomfortability" is overblown...I've never found them uncomfortable. I've wouldn't exactly describe them as comfortable either, they just kind of sit on your head and don't call a lot of attention to themselves, except by the rich, dynamic music that comes out of them!

However, I got HD-580s for Christmas, and I think I see where the rumors come from. If I wear the Senns for a few hours and then switch to the Grados, they seem uncomfortable by comparison. But the feeling fades after about 5 minutes.

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 40
you guys must have iron ears. i've had my ms2 for two months now and i'm still trying to get used to the bowls that came with them. after about one hour, the tips of my ears start to get sore. the 580's were much more comfortable since they were really circumnaural.

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #7 of 40
BigRobb, I don't think that avatar belongs to you. BeeBop of AudioCircles is not going to be happy.
mad.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 40
I am definitely a member of Team Iron Ears. I can wear my MS-2's with bowls for hours. I've never had a problem with any other the Grado or Alessandro cans I've had. Even the PS-1's which are heavy I could wear forever.

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh
BigRobb, I don't think that avatar belongs to you. BeeBop of AudioCircles is not going to be happy.
mad.gif

limecat.net

The only one that is not going to be happy is limecat because I linked to his site. :p

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 40
I have found Grados to be as comfortable as anything else. The flats are the most comfortable in my opinion. The bowls kind of squish my ears. The minimalism of Grados is what I like.

I found my ATH-A500s to be the least comfortable so far.

Canalphones are the most comfortable in my opinion. A little odd feeling at first. After 15 minutes I completely forget they are there.

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by LOmac
TEAM IRON EARS!

i wish i were part of TEAM IRON EARS (sounds like a secret shaolin technique that's been long lost like the five point palm exploding heart
tongue.gif
)

sigh, maybe someday...

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #12 of 40
I found the bowls reasonably comfortable, but the sound was lacking
Reversed bowls were incredibly uncomfortable but the sound was good
Senn 414 pads are very comfortable and sound amazing

they still aren't as comfy as my 595s though

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #13 of 40
I too received my Ms-1s in the mail today just 9 days after I had ordered them. Absolutely no problem with their service. The quality is everything I expected.

The comfies feel great and Coltrane never sounded better! I'd still like to try the bowls and flats for comfort and sound.

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocluanain
I too received my Ms-1s in the mail today just 9 days after I had ordered them. Absolutely no problem with their service. The quality is everything I expected.

The comfies feel great and Coltrane never sounded better! I'd still like to try the bowls and flats for comfort and sound.

You think Cotrane sounds good now just wait until you upgrade to the ms-2's
evil_smiley.gif
. You know you want to.

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #15 of 40
Initially mine felt strange, but I fiddled with the headband and it was perfectly fine. You just can do any exercise with them on, even low impact weight stuff, because they slip around too much. And when I lie down on my bed to listen (which is 95% of the time when using headphones) I have to adjust them so they don't slide 'down'. No fuss really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back