Gradoesque, meet Denonesque?!
May 16, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 22
1684264946494.png

I've had good luck using very small pieces of electrical tape to remove these little driver wrinkles.

Also, great work by Wabi Sabi on those cups! Bruce is quite the artisan.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #17 of 22
Excellent tip. I tried some jelly tape. And a vacuum cleaner even. The jelly tape was too weak, and the vacuum cleaner made things not better and not really worse. The pic above is the vacuumed one. I will get to work with electrical tape next.

May 18, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #20 of 22
There is a double-sided tape on a wooden skewer trick that I learned from Qigom directly: make a bamboo skewer with a taped end like a thin swab thickness. That pops the dents much quicker and gives lots of attack angles.

bright or boomy?

Grado salad (brightest)
Dekoni Velour
Dekoni Fenestrated Velour
Dekoni Sheepskin + Velour (boomiest)

Shipibo sits in the middle somewhere. I didn’t try them too long. They bring my ears close to the Dent Zone.

The mids get recessed with the Dekoni Boom Cannon pads, but… I am going with bass heavy for now. It is really satisfying with meaty OTL tube power.

IMG_5338.jpeg

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 22
24ohm FreeEdge 50mm Denon-style drivers plus my Drillium baffles (which don’t really hurt or help)

Grado salad bowl pads seem best

Walnut cups by JM of WoodenRecords on Etsy. He won’t confirm or fully deny he is the “JM Edition” namesake for Kennerton builds. EDIT: this JM from Ukraine is definitely(?) not John Massaria of NY.

Turbulent Labs leather

Nyczaj hardware

Pine Tree custom cable

IMG_6738.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back