Grado warranty
Aug 22, 2007 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

japc

500+ Head-Fier
Hi. Anybody with an history of needing Grado warranty services? How did it worked out? Any problems?

I'm asking this because I was bought a SR80 set from a friend that was in Portland, Oregon, US, from "Echo Audio". They apparently are Grado authorized dealers and I have the headphones and the receipt and what I got from Grado was a

"Sorry, there would be no warranty."

when surveying for the warranty as I always do for this kind of buys.

Thanks.

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 29
Dunno. Could it be?

The reply I got from Grado is the reply I posted.

If so in the original post:

s/Anybody/Any non-US body/
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 29
Warranty work is something that Grado is famous for.

I wonder if it has something to do with a transfer of warranty or something? Were the cans purchased from a friend that had bought them for himself, or bought them for you?

If they were bought by a friend who was in the States and simply "given" as a gift, I can't imagine that there should be a problem.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 29
there's no warranty for grado in my country, but alessandro give 1 year warranty
that's odd
blink.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None. They're perfect. I just like to get the warranties right with everything I buy (yes, I do this for everything, I like to plan ahead).

It's a personality defect, really
smily_headphones1.gif

Plan ahead? Headphones usually last two to ten times their warranty period. Even longer.

Don't worry about it. One year goes by in a flash and by then you will probably have upgraded.

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #11 of 29
truth. you're period of lasting enjoyment <<<< warranty period

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
truth. you're period of lasting enjoyment [size=medium]>>>>[/size] warranty period

^

You mean it like that, right?

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #14 of 29
Yup; they can last for quite a while. My Grandkids aged 6-12 had my MS-1 for about four months all by themselves and they still work great! I've had them over a year and a half now. After about six months I got some MS2i which I've had for nearly a year. Yes indeed: tough little buggers for sure!

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plan ahead? Headphones usually last two to ten times their warranty period. Even longer.

Don't worry about it. One year goes by in a flash and by then you will probably have upgraded.

I worry, that's why it is called a "defect"
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back