Grado vs akg, opinions and help wanted
Nov 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kevbo

Head-Fier
right now im in the market for some new cans

ive been looking at the grado 60e and the akg q701

now i know these two headphones are worlds apart in sound signatures and the grados are half the price of the akg

i love open backed headphones

im looking or the best quality for the price 

i have a fairly decent souce (Aftermarket soundcard) + bravo v3 tube amp

my genres are anywhere from heavy metal to very melodic female vocalists

im not a basshead but i do enjoy a good accurate and punchy bass

right now my go to setup is creative sound blaster z-> bravo v3 tube amp-> sennheiser hd 598

any help would be greatly appreciated

any opinions would also be very welcome here 
atsmile.gif

if you have another pair of cans you'd like to suggest please please dont hesitate to suggest them
by budget is prob around 150 at most 
k701smile.gif

The bravo v3 im using currently is borrowed but soon thanks to the courtesy and generosity of money4me ill be getting my very own v3

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 8
  They are both excellent values for the can that you get.  After that you're deep into the subjective.  You're also deep into the realm of personal preference with regard to things like sound signature and comfort.i 

i do love a comfortable phone but id rather have spectacular sound coupled with price

ive been looking at the akg q701's for a really long time and even went as far to get them off massdrop but i canceled my order 

though with the grado i just love the vintage look of them and they seem to have an enormous fan following so id like to see what the hype is about

ahhhh so many great phones so little money 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back