Grado very durable
Feb 14, 2002 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

hongda

100+ Head-Fier
These Grado's sure last. Last night I was skateboarding home listening to my discman and grados. Got hit by a car, I went flying, my headphones went flying, the pads came off, the discman was still playing and the headphones still sound perfect
smily_headphones1.gif
Hopefully the last time I test the durability of my grado.

Feb 14, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 13
I assume since you're posting this that you're OK as well?

Sue and get yourself an Orpheus.

Dave
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 13
Well, lucky you. The insurance company sures hell cannot say its your fault since those Grado's are extremely open cans.
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2002 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Got hit by a car, I went flying, my headphones went flying, the pads came off, the discman was still playing and the headphones still sound perfect Hopefully the last time I test the durability of my grado.

Hehe, sounds like you need to get your priorities set... I mean, what are headphones worth without a person that is living to use them?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2002 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 13
I got hit by a car once (I was 15), this woman hit me right on the fibular (car bumper height), my leg sustain had a hairline fracture but no need for surgery as it only cracked and didn't move. I was in plaster for 8 weeks, stayed at home for 6 weeks as it hurts to move it.

The first thing I thought was that I need to go to the hospital, not to check on my headphones! Are you sure you didn't get a concussion?

Feb 17, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #8 of 13
I had a similar experience last year when I got my grados, although it was more a testament to my radioshack cd player... I was riding my bike home recklessly fast as usual when as I turned out of the park through a pile of leaves, my tires completely lost all traction and I went rolling in the street... I pulled myself together, put my phones back on and proceeded to enjoy my music as if it had never happened.

My favorite thing about riding a bike, is going around people like they were cones on some kind of street course. The best part is when two lovers are holding hands and as they reach an intersection they let go of each other and WOOOSH I rip right through them like I knew they were going to let go of each other at the exact moment all along. HA HA, the curses and fingers that have been raised towards me are memorable, yes they are. That particular couple however recieved the undignified return finger as I really despise anyone who comes to savannah to look at all the nothing we have around here. I do however try to avoid little kids, they are so unpredictable. I once saw a bunch of squirrels trying to herd a small child into a field, it was very strange. I saved him I think by driving them off with my bike. I think my bicycle days are at an end though, some old man tried to beat my ass in front of the POLICE station for almost running into his ugly ass wife. I tried telling the cops that were there that he was assaulting me but to no avail. I wanted to hurt that guy. If I ever see him again, I'm going to run his face along the concrete.

It is funny though, all the old women go stumbling off the sidewalk like I'm a semi-truck because of the sheer velocity of my approach. Their little old minds have trouble comprehending such magnificence on wheels. I don't know why but it cracks me up to see the parents grab their children and the old men give me dissapproving glares. I am the social misfit they can all hate and talk about. In there eyes I am the reason for their existence, I justify them by being so LOW, so ARROGANT, an ******* even. They are there in the least, simply to provide opposition for my stupidity, for my recklessness and uncaring ways. I act like I own the sidewalk, what a **** head I am, I mean, **** me.

lol

Feb 17, 2002 at 6:44 AM Post #9 of 13
I got hit by a car recently, stepped out in front of a minivan. I went flying too, but I mostly just got the air knocked out of me, both hit and landed on the fleshy part of my side. I wasn't wearing headphones though.

I do live in Ohio though, so I had to pay to fix the car -- $900. Lucky me.

Feb 17, 2002 at 7:15 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by RMSzero
I do live in Ohio though, so I had to pay to fix the car -- $900. Lucky me.

Ouch! Fix the Car?! What the hell?!
mad.gif

Feb 17, 2002 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 13
Yes. In some states, like Ohio, pedestrians never have the right of way unless explicitly given to them by a crosswalk AND a green light, otherwise it's their fault if they get hit. Theoretically it means I had to take responsibility for the damage I caused to the car, which would be fine. In reality, you have to pay whatever the insurance company claims is the damage to the car, which is much more sketchy and expensive, especially if you are hit by an old crappy car where they can claim that any damage within a 6 foot radius of the dent you actually caused also has to be fixed by you.

When the driver's insurance company called me to tell me I had to pay (they asked for $1200 at first), they actually said "You struck this womans car with your body, resulting in . . ."

That was kind of annoying, seeing as I was the one bleeding and flat on my ass. Oh well. It all worked out in the end.

Feb 17, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #12 of 13
well, in my case, there's no way for the car to claim it was my fault. I was in the bike lane and he turned into me. The only thing he can claim is it was dark and I wasn't wearing any reflective clothing. Although my shoes are somewhat reflective. But I'm healing and hopefully won't deal with the insurance company.

Feb 17, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Yes. In some states, like Ohio, pedestrians never have the right of way unless explicitly given to them by a crosswalk AND a green light, otherwise it's their fault if they get hit. Theoretically it means I had to take responsibility for the damage I caused to the car, which would be fine. In reality, you have to pay whatever the insurance company claims is the damage to the car, which is much more sketchy and expensive, especially if you are hit by an old crappy car where they can claim that any damage within a 6 foot radius of the dent you actually caused also has to be fixed by you.

When the driver's insurance company called me to tell me I had to pay (they asked for $1200 at first), they actually said "You struck this womans car with your body, resulting in . . ."

That was kind of annoying, seeing as I was the one bleeding and flat on my ass. Oh well. It all worked out in the end.

Wow, that really bites.
frown.gif
I guess I should appreciate California's pedestrian-favoring laws more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back