Grado updates and info
Feb 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #46 of 128
Ooolala... This certainly sounds interesting. :)

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #47 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by autosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's probably reading this, chuckling, with the PS1000's on his head.

Yeah I wonder if he still has the HD800. He's probably already doing a side by side review of them.
angry_face.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #48 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha... so many people are probably feeling this way.

"Aww... I should list my __________ for sale."...

Hehe...actually taking sale pics atm.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #50 of 128
Is a HP1000 or PS1 really that likely? I mean PS1 definetly not because he said over and over that the product is in hands of that german company. The HP1000, weren't they out of drivers for replacements not too long ago? So now suddenly they have full production started again? I dunno, we'l see. I expect a revised line up with thicker cables (4 wires per cup), and maybe indeed a surprise for the lower end.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #51 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is a HP1000 or PS1 really that likely? I mean PS1 definetly not because he said over and over that the product is in hands of that german company. The HP1000, weren't they out of drivers for replacements not too long ago? So now suddenly they have full production started again? I dunno, we'l see. I expect a revised line up with thicker cables (4 wires per cup), and maybe indeed a surprise for the lower end.

You did read about the PS1000, right?
wink.gif

And I highly doubt it's anything for "the lower end." It's most likely either a new flagship (a contender somewhat to the HD800), or Grado IEMs, and I cannot imagine Grado dedicating an entire team to researching IEMs.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #52 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

And I highly doubt it's anything for "the lower end." It's most likely either a new flagship (a contender somewhat to the HD800), or Grado IEMs, and I cannot imagine Grado dedicating an entire team to researching IEMs.

This post suggests something different:

Quote:

Originally Posted by artleaf2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And also all models will be replaced to new model.
SR60i, 80i, 125i, 225i, 325is. RS2i, RS1i, GS1000i

and I wonder what changes to be made for Alessandros

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #53 of 128
It's fun to speculate and it's free ;D My guess is that considering there's been some interest from the community to either having a new flagship or a PS-1 reissue by Grado, it's very likely JG has worked out a new top of the line headphone. PS-1 clone? HP-1000 new version (not very likely for being a Joe Grado design)? A completely new approach to headphone design by JG? Finally a set of closed phones?

I for one, if it were a new version of the PS-1, maybe with a bass response more balanced with the rest of the frequency range, and under USD2000, I'm in to try them. But if it's an evolution from the GS-1000 or RS-1 with improved ergonomics and looks, still keeping the sound signature of most John Grado phones in the current range, I'd probably skip it.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #54 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

No I didn't read about the Ps1000 yet, but I have so, too many threads!! Can't...keep...up
tongue.gif
. Anyway there are a couple of things I find odd

PS1000, clearly containing the PS1 in it name, but the PS1 is owned by a different (DEUTSCHERS)company, so they either would'v 'bougt back' the patent from them, or its a different thing altogether.

Also in this time that atleast is going to last another year, releasing all these niche products for a select few doesn't make that much sense, imo.

Cheers.

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #55 of 128
Wow, I've been saving for GS1000's for a few months now... If I get stuck with another flagship lust case and need another $700... I'm gonna be glad I didn't get the GS1000's :p

This is exciting!

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #58 of 128
Well, I'm certainly glad I held off ordering an HD800. If there is a PS-1000, it will be interesting to hear comparisons. However, the HD800 at $1400 is a stretch so at $1700 they'll have to be a little bit better.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #59 of 128
As far as these upgrades go I can only speak for the littlest brother - the SR60. I posted this in the initial thread about the different lower end Grados popping up, but I will add it here as I think its relevant. I noticed and continue to notice great improvements with the "i" sr60s. And as the Grado site now proves it was more than just cosmetic changes made to this headphone. This is a truly worthy improvement over a classic headphone. Nothing to scoff at. Especially when you consider diminishing returns as you go up any headphone line. This is a very noticeable difference without adding to the price tag. And I would be willing to guess the improvements will be felt across the board. Lets face it Grado is not Apple, if they are going to revamp the whole line they must have found something really worthy of the changes. Otherwise they put in jeopardy their entire product line.

Again, I cannot speak for anything other than the SR60s, but I would be willing to bet these changes will have a very positive effect for all of the models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back