Grado Street Style
Nov 15, 2005 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Ploop

Head-Fier
what class of headphone are they going to be in? I'm thinking about buying E4's but want to wait to see what happens with Grado. (no i don't want both!) But anyway, are they going to be like baseline model or are they going to be very good just styled portable like.

thanks.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 18
No one knows. But I'm betting better than a KSC-35, but worse than a SR60, that just makes sense.

Nov 15, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
No one knows. But I'm betting better than a KSC-35, but worse than a SR60, that just makes sense.

jahn, why do you think they'll be worse than the sr60? are they supposed to replace the sr40, or might they be an sr60 in street-style look?

Nov 15, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 18
Last night, I emailed Grado to request pictures of the new street-style headphone and they promptly sent a reply stating, "Sorry - not at this time".
basshead.gif

I know what you’re thinking. I am just as surprised as you are that they wouldn’t divulge their most inner secrets to an RS-1 owner. Can you believe that? Does anyone know how much persuasive power an RS-1 owner possesses? God-like, my friends; God-like.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 10:33 AM Post #6 of 18
Man I'm excited for these headphones. I love the Grado sound and can't wait to be able to take it everywhere with me. However asthetics is very important to me, so I hope the streetstyles look good.

Nov 15, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme
i wish grados would make IEMs... i loved my SR60s, though they were very lacking in bass + sounded a bit thin to me (perhaps because of the lack in base)

i actually think the sr60 has good bass, but it's more dependent on your source.

Nov 15, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #9 of 18
Yep, my gut tells me that they are going to be in the SR40 price range (but sound better due to better housing i bet) and therefore John wouldn't make it sound better than his SR60.

Nov 16, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradolabs.com
Coming early 2006...

Grado street style phones, the ultimate headphone upgrade for any iPod type device.

Aaaaah! I can't wait. I'm hoping we'll see Todd post "Surprise - GS-1!" (Grado Streetstyle 1): Now only $19.99, I tested them myself and they're better than the PS-1's and the HP-1000's combined!

Nov 16, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
either way, it'll be great to see another grado model out on the market and one that's supposed to be more portable. i don't go outside with any of mine for fear of damaging them.

forget damaging them...i'm scared i'm going to trip over that damn cable!
smily_headphones1.gif

the only think i'm hoping for in this streetstyle is a more manageable and portable cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back