Grado SR80's or SR125's? Help!
May 31, 2002 at 2:33 PM Post #16 of 26
Yeah, but i'm more a computer guy than a sound guy. Therefore, once I have good cans, it's okay for me. I mean, I won't constattly try to get better just for a little performance like I do with my computer.

Anyways, the 125'S sound like a very reasonable deal, he asks 270, I'll try to bargain to 230 (I can get that on the internet, with shipping and canada tax).

For 230 I'll be happy with the 125's.

May 31, 2002 at 3:30 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Kryogen
Yeah, that's pretty much what I though, since the 125's, for me, are a bit expensive but the max I'll ever pay. So, in my head, with the 125's, I get top of the line ;P

I'll prolly go and buy em, he asks 270 with tax, id I can get em at something like 230, i'll get em.

I bought my 325s for $273... including tax

May 31, 2002 at 5:49 PM Post #20 of 26
Kryogen
congrats for your new headphones. SR-125s are very nice cans.
Just watch out for the 'upgrado' bug
very_evil_smiley.gif

RawHit

Jun 1, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #21 of 26
They ran for a couple of hours now, and DAMN! They already sound a bit better. I was listening to Pink - Don't let me get me, only 192 KBPS mp3, and the sound is almost better than real.

The bass is deep, but never boomy.
The voice is clear and defined.
The cymbals are clear, defined,

Holy ****, they rule.

I'm downloading all my mp3's to 256kbps.

Before, I couldn't really tell between 128 and 256, now it's say and night.

And when I plug these babies into my dad's stereo with a CD, it's unbelievable, PERIOD !

Jun 1, 2002 at 7:59 AM Post #24 of 26
Don't know anything about Audiocatalyst, but EAC+LAME in combination will provide the best quality mp3s when ripping from CDs.

Go check out http://faq.arstechnica.com/link.php?i=1273

They suggest Winamp, which is good, but you might try Coolplayer. I compared the two and I found Coolplayer to sound better. To find Coolplayer, just type "Coolplayer" into Google.

This link might help you out too: http://www.r3mix.net/

Jun 6, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Kryogen
They ran for a couple of hours now, and DAMN! They already sound a bit better. I was listening to Pink - Don't let me get me, only 192 KBPS mp3, and the sound is almost better than real.

The bass is deep, but never boomy.
The voice is clear and defined.
The cymbals are clear, defined,

Holy ****, they rule.

I'm downloading all my mp3's to 256kbps.

Before, I couldn't really tell between 128 and 256, now it's say and night.

And when I plug these babies into my dad's stereo with a CD, it's unbelievable, PERIOD !

I originally ripped all mine at 160kbps. Plugged my 20 gig Archos into my stereo. Re-rippped to 192kbps. Bought a pair of Etymotic ER-4Ps and Grado 325s. Re-ripped to 256kbps alt-preset-extreme. It's a living...

Jun 7, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #26 of 26
Hey Kyrogen, where in Canada are you located? The prices you listed for the Grado SR125's are better than I can get them in Toronto at Bay Bloor Radio. I sort of hate Bay Bloor Radio, but I don't know of any other store in Toronto that sells Grado. I bought two portable CD Players from Bay Bloor Radio ($199 each), and I've had only crappy service from them. The remote that came with my CD Players broke really quickly, and they said they couldn't/wouldn't repair/replace them for me, even thou they were still under warentee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back