Grado SR80 + G cush + sock mod?
Aug 31, 2015 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kawasakiguy37

New Head-Fier
I love my SR80's now connected to a proper amp but I've always wanted to try the G cush pads a go. Unfortunately the consensus seems to be that they kill the bass on the SR80s and increase the treble quite a bit - not what I want at all

Is there any way to mod the SR80s (maybe put some kind of cloth infront of the driver?) so that it has a similar response with the added comfort of the G cush or is it simply because it increases the distance of the driver from the ear?

I dont find the stock pads exceedingly unconfortable, but something around the ear I expect will definitely be better. Was planning on buying these knockoffs:

http://www.amazon.com/Ear-Zonk-Replacement-Headphone-Cushion/dp/B00BW4RWH2

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #2 of 2
I put the L pads on my SR125e. They distribute the pressure more evenly (on my ears at least) and I find them more comfortable than the S pads. They also stay around my ears better so I can bend the headband to clamp with less force than it would with the S pads.

I did get the Ear Zonk ones first but they were still uncomfortable, the Grado ones were much better.

I was also curious whether the Gs would be better, but they seem a bit expensive to me for what they are, so I didn't get them. Now I am perfectly happy with the comfort and sound of the Ls so I have no reason to try the Gs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back