Grado sr60i Worlds best?
May 18, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #16 of 48
They are the best headphones that you own!
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, forget all this white noise.

"The Grado SR60i's are the best headphones in the world, at any price."
- The Absolute Sound and Fury

"You can pay 1000 times the price, and sill get nothing. These are made by God."
-Vatican Weekly

"They ROCK, baby. ROCK!"
-Eric Clapton

"If I had all the money in the world, I would still only wear the '60i's."
- Eric Head, founder of Head-Fi

"I happily extend TARP funs to Grado, so the company can continue to make the finest headphones available on the planet - the SR60i's."
-Barack Obama

& the i stands for.. impossible to beat.

May 18, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #18 of 48
It's the world's best headphone under US$70 by Grado Labs.

How about that?

Or it's the world's best headphone that looks exactly like a Grado SR60i?

Seriously. The hell do you want to brag about this for?

May 18, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by yourstruly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate the sr60s more than I hate any other headphones in the world. For 60 dollars, you'd expect something portable, but these are totally not for use outside.

My roommate had one of these last year, and the sound leakage was so obnoxious. He would use it at 9 in the morning on Sunday mornings, blasting ACDC. I was tempted more than once to break it.

Cry some more, it's not the headphone's fault that your roommate abused the open-back design of it.

May 18, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

"You can pay 1000 times the price, and sill get nothing. These are made by God."
-Vatican Weekly

"They ROCK, baby. ROCK!"
-Eric Clapton

"I happily extend TARP funs to Grado, so the company can continue to make the finest headphones available on the planet - the SR60i's."
-Barack Obama

LOL that was a great post
popcorn.gif

May 18, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #23 of 48
Quote:

-Vatican Weekly

"They ROCK, baby. ROCK!"
-Eric Clapton

-Barack Obama

I almost fell from my chair laughing....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'll add one:

"May the SR60i be with you, young Padawan..."
- Master Yoda, Jedi.

May 18, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #24 of 48
Headphones, like art, are in the eye of the beholder (ears in this case).

Yes, the SR60i is a good value and if you like what you hear just wash the foamies to make them softer and more comfortable, don't scratch that beautifully made plastic, get some super glue to reattach the metal band once in a while, get your ears examined after six months because of the sibilant highs, and be happy but don't brag.
evil_smiley.gif

May 18, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #25 of 48
Anything that reportedly sounds better than the SR60i in a large headphone is actually buying SR60i drivers and putting them in different shells. They still don't sound as good.

May 18, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #26 of 48
I can think of a couple of handfuls of headphones that are far better than the SR60i for under $100.

I suggest the OP try a few more headphones. The SR60 is one of my least favorites.

Although at the end of the day, if you think they sound good, that's all that matters. Just don't go around calling them the best, unless you want to sit in an a debate all day.

May 18, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bezzy3004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think i read for under £100 they could possibly be the worlds finest what are your opinions on this please.

£100 = USD150

For USD150 I can think of several headphones that better the SR60i. Alessandro MS1 and AD700, to name a few, and that's not mentioning the more expensive Grados.

However, for $69, the S60i is probably the best and most intuitive purchase aroud.

May 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
£100 = USD150

For USD150 I can think of several headphones that better the SR60i. Alessandro MS1 and AD700, to name a few, and that's not mentioning the more expensive Grados.

However, for $69, the S60i is probably the best and most intuitive purchase aroud.

If he's quoting in pounds, he's probably from the UK, where Grado prices are pretty high (they're an American brand, after all). I imagine he payed more than the $69 they'd run in the US.

Folks around here probably would've advised the Alessandro MS-1, especially in Europe, but don't let that get you down, OP. The SR60i is a wonderful set of headphones, especially if you like the Grado sound...certainly way, way better than most brands' low-end 'phones. Don't brag...but let the uninitiated listen. If they're used to iPod earbuds, they'll be blown away.

May 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he's quoting in pounds, he's probably from the UK, where Grado prices are pretty high (they're an American brand, after all). I imagine he payed more than the $69 they'd run in the US.

Hm, yeah. Too bad, for the same price he could've got the MS-1, which sell for $99 regardless of location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back