Grado SR60i Wood Mod
Mar 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mrs1986

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, as some of you may or may not know i just bought a pair of grado's, im ultra happy with them, but i just see that many has made a mod of wood cups, i would like to know some details because i couldnt see any pictures of any, dont know why, i really want to do it, but i need to know if there is a special wood to use, can be any wood, or anything you know, please i would be really happy with any coments, im planing on doing them just exactly as the original are, the same inscription and the same shape, if anyone tell to do it in another shape that should work better than the original one, please sorry for my english i hope you can understand me, Cheers!

Mar 13, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 4
No one has an idea? I´m ultra far far away so... I can´t buy any already moded wood cups, cause it would me like payng for a pair of sr225i´s so... no chance, im looking in a thread talking about the "Magnum´s" and it seems a good idea to do the cups out of aluminium, what do you guys think? I can do those easily because my brother works in a "mechanichal?" place so... there is a man that do that kind of works, but no chance to doing the signature of the headphones, but, if i work with wood i can get some artist to do this for me...

Im ansious for a reply...
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Oooh! Nice! What do you think of the aluminium against the wood?

There is going to be a litle of afect to the sound? The sound will get better??? At least a litle litle????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back