Grado SR60
Oct 21, 2007 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Karamazov

New Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of Grado SR60s recently and was just wondering if I made the right decision. These were to replace my pair of Sennheiser HD 201s that recently broke (the plastic piece that holds the headphone part to the band broke). I'm going to be using these almost exclusively for my computer (music, games, movies, etc.). I should note that this is the most I've ever spent on a pair of headphones, so I'm a bit hesitant with my purchase. Did I make the right decision? Should I have gotten something else?

Sorry if this is a stupid post but I know almost next to nothing about headphones. A buddy of mine said this was a good place to come for advice and information about this sort of thing.

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 13
Grado SR60's are great bang for buck apparently, I haven't heard them myself, but I to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 13
i think that's a perfect introduction to good headphones. it is, IMO, the best value in headphones, period. so much sound for so little dough.

there are many headphones that do things better than the sr60, but at a steep price. though i've gone through many different headphones i've always kept my sr60...hope you enjoy them.

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 13
OK I can tell you [IMO] that grados generaly are good for music [a lot would tell they are great for rock and its sub genres] but not so good for games.... about movies I can't recall right now.

I Also should point out that no one asked for what sound are you looking for? Could you define us the things you like and dislike in headphones and their sound signature?

good luck

-Jo

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.F. Jo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Also should point out that no one asked for what sound are you looking for? Could you define us the things you like and dislike in headphones and their sound signature?

Well, like I said, I don't know that much about headphones. The ones I've been using (the Sennheisers) seem to have pretty weak bass which I don't like. Other than that they've been alright except for them breaking on me. I was just looking for something with a good sound, good quality, and not too expensive. From some reviews I read the SR60s seemed like what I was lookin for. As far as my musical tastes (if this would give you information on what kinda headphone I need), I listen to pretty much everything except noise. But to narrow it down I listen to alot of rock, classical, hip-hop, and talk radio.

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #10 of 13
I've got the Alessandro MS-1 which are quite similar to the SR-60 in many respects, but for movies and TV the MS-1 do a fine job and I expect the SR-60 will do the same. For the rock side of things the SR-60 will be hard to beat. For classical there are some better choices but although lots of folks will suggest that my MS-1 won't play classical either, lots of others think they do just fine.

Watch your wallet though, these Grados can be addictive!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watch your wallet though, these Grados can be addictive!
very_evil_smiley.gif

He's not joking
blink.gif
I had some MS-1's which I recently had to sell. I decided to get back the Grado sound by getting some SR60's, but just felt the need to upgrade before I even bought
tongue.gif
I liked the forwardness of my MS-1's but wanted more of it and went with the Grado model SR225. I hope it improves the areas I want improved
smily_headphones1.gif
Man, if you like Grados, you LOVE Grados. Very addicting sound.

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #12 of 13
Alright, well they got here and all I can say is that I am absolutely blown away. I've been listening to CD's I haven't touched in years just to see how improved they are with the new headphones. Also, the base is MUCH MUCH MUCH improved over the old phones. Overall, excellent. But can someone tell me what the hell is up with that horrible box they come in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back