Grado SR60 vs Sennheiser HD 497 vs Sony MDR-V6?
Dec 24, 2008 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Joedaman

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to replace my crappy generic headsets with something in the 50-70 dollar range. I've narrowed down my choices to these three which all seem to have good reviews going for them but I'm not sure which of these would be the better choice. If it helps I don't listen to any rap, hip-hop, jazz, or classical music. And I'll mainly be using these at home.

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm going to be plugging it into an X-fi. I'm probably going to listen to rock and some techno/electronica. I don't plan on using an amp with the headphones. Do the Grado's really leak that badly?

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 7
I've had both the Grados (hated them) and the HD497s (no love there either); I'd get the Sony's purely by default though to be honest, they're on my wish list anyway. So are the AKG K240s another worthy candidate. A mate of mine uses the Sony V6s in a home studio rig and they hardly ever leave his head. For rock music though, I'm surprised no one has suggested the Denon 1001s.

Merry Christmas
Don

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to be plugging it into an X-fi. I'm probably going to listen to rock and some techno/electronica. I don't plan on using an amp with the headphones. Do the Grado's really leak that badly?

They're great if you want everyone in a 10ft radius to know you're current playlist.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back