Grado SR60 vs Koss Sportapro
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Robertwills

New Head-Fier
I just compared both of these. Both are excellent in sound quality but each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. The Grado SR60 is very balanced from the low to high end. much more so than the Sportapro. It is very clear. But it does not have the realism of sound the Sportapro has. The Sportapro has pronounced bass, for good or bad. It is also very clear in addition to having the magical quality of revealing more of the sound. It's like a veil has been lifted. The Grado leaks sounds like a sieve so it is not good for public use. The Sportapro leaks much less sound and can be used in public, as long as the volume is not blasting.

As far as comfort and usage - the Grado is very comfortable with much bigger on-ear foam pads. I use it for home, indoor use only (so it doesn't take on debris from the air, such as dirt or pollen). The Sportapro is a marvel of ergonomic engineering. I use it for active wear, mostly outdoors. It stays on the head like a vise grip but feels extremely comfortable. It does feel flimsy but it is in fact very hardy. There is also a lifetime warranty with the Sportapro - you pay shipping plus $9.00. This headphone will bring countless hours of joy to your life.

Both headphones put you in the world of high quality of sound for bargain prices, particularly the Sportapro at $30.00 or less online. These will be my headphones forever, unless something better comes along. I believe the bar is very high in that respect.

I also would like to note. I have seen a number of posts where people modify their headphones, such as cutting holes out of the pads to let more sound out. I believe this should not be done. Headphones were designed for a certain sonic signature and by modifying them you change it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back