Grado SR60 vs. AKG K240S?
Nov 5, 2004 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
Of these two, which would be a better choice for a good, tight rock sound with "crunchy" mids and highs for metal and hard rock? I currently have the K240S and I'm amping them, but they just don't quite do it for me on the Iron Maiden & Megadeth.... and I can't help but wonder if the Grados would be a better choice for these styles. I'm trying to keep it on the cheap, which is why I chose SR60's instead of SR80's. The AKG's do quite well for more acousticy type music or alot of non-guitar oriented stuff I listen to, like Bjork, but I don't think that the Grados would be a slouch for those styles of music.

So should I ditch the AKG's and go Grado? I also have some Beyer DT770/80's which I prefer to the AKG's currently, but would like a pair of cans that have a fairly different sonic signature from the Beyers, while still being equally as enjoyable as I find the Beyers for rock and metal music.

Nov 5, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 5
appar111: What amp are you using for the K240S, btw?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Nov 5, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 5
You may just not be partial to the K240's sound. And grados certainly match your criteria to a T. Personally, though, I'd sell the K240S and get an MS1 if you're going that route.

Nov 6, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
appar111: What amp are you using for the K240S, btw?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

A Super Mini Moy from Shellbrooklab.com (Drewd here on the boards builds them) and my sportapros and dt770/80's sound great with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back