Grado sr60 UK?
Mar 16, 2006 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Dakota

Head-Fier
hey, does anyone know of the cheapest price i can get these cans shipped to the UK? i dont really know of that many grado dealers so any help would be aprreciated. Thanks.

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 18
hmm the ms1's are a possibility. What kind of sound quality differences will i see between the sr60's and the ms1's. Also i do currently have a set of senn wireless rs130's which i bought before joining head fi... does anyone know if the sound will be better or worse? I am not overly educated about full size headphones since i normally use IEM's so any help would be good.

Thanks

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Forum search - MS1 versus SR60:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/searc...archid=1886021

Thanks for that, supose i shudve took the initiative and did this myself but thanks anyway. It seems like i am leaning towards the ms1 even though they are more expensive. Is $100 the cheapest price for ms1?

More importantly though, am i going to see a big difference between the wireless rs130 and the ms1?

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 18
UK supplier:

http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/

You'll find that Grados are more expensive over here and not possible to buy from anywhere else unless second hand.

MS1 is a great alternative but you may have to add import duty as well.

If you're set on Grado - hold your breath and pay up!!! They are very good.
tongue.gif

Even better, you could book an HF-1 from Todd. He's offering them at a terrific price. (A revamped sr225) $200 but even better.

Ian

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 18
GET THE MS-1'S!!!! Believe me, I 've had both recently. Clartity and soundstage are loads better. Also, I ordered from the UK, and despite waiting a month for them, I didn't (luckily)pay any duty on arrival. You might get lucky too and end up paying LESS for a BETTER headphone!
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 18
A Month! is that normal delivery time or was there a delay of some sort? Dont get me wrong i will wait if i have to but seems kinda long.

and sorry to keep repeating my self but does anyone know if ms1s are better that senn rs130?

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
and sorry to keep repeating my self but does anyone know if ms1s are better that senn rs130?

The rs130 will not sound anywhere near as good as the ms1 or sr60. Anything transmitted will not really be up to scratch at the moment. I have an older version of those rs headphones and the sound is acceptable, but it's more a convenience than a question of good sound.

Radio headphones are not the best really. MS1 is super and so is the sr60/80 and the one I think shines in the Grado range is the 225. (I have them all (sigh)) Money galore. The only thing with Grados is the ear cup comfort. The ms1 and sr60 have comfortable pads (but the pads 'dampen' the sound a bit). The others use bowls which can be harsh on the ears.

I would aim higher than you think to stop the next upgrade within a month now you're on Headfi!!!
tongue.gif

Ian

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 18
lol i really have to stick to $100 at the most really, and will be my last purchase in a while. gotta save up lke £1000 for ski trip and with the ps3 on the horizon things are not looking good for the wallet.
eek.gif

I am glad you say they will sound better than wireless though since it would be a slightly pointless purchase if they were barely better.

Ok so another question, how are these compared to my e4's? I am hoping they are more "fun" and musical but anyone have any better opinions?

btw ian, since you have the whole range and "money galore", how do you fancy sending me a pair of sr60's free of charge
biggrin.gif
. Its never gonna happen but for all i know you could be a generous lottery winner!

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

hey, does anyone know of the cheapest price i can get these cans shipped to the UK? i dont really know of that many grado dealers so any help would be aprreciated. Thanks.

Do you mind getting a second hand one? The FS is the best place to start looking for like-new headphones. The MS-1 will outperform the SR60. They are also more neutral sounding, meaning, less bright.

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #12 of 18
Second hand is a posibility but i supose it dampens the excitement of burn in
biggrin.gif
and also how bad would it be to find the head band shaped to someone elses head! Maybe this is just my opinion but..
$100 is fairly reasonable though, it all depends what my er-6i's sell for on ebay. Ill have to wait and see.

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

btw ian, since you have the whole range and "money galore", how do you fancy sending me a pair of sr60's free of charge
biggrin.gif
. Its never gonna happen but for all i know you could be a generous lottery winner!

LOL ....

They're mostly given to me. I work in music.

The MS1 is great if you can wait. The sr60's are very good, even at UK prices imo. Actually, the sr60 seems less bright to my ears mainly because of the pads that come with them. The MS1 is smoother. Actually, I'm listening on my sr60's at the moment!!

Ian

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #15 of 18
Im sure tis has been menitoned thousands of times on these forums somewhere, but ive read the sr60's can be harsh in the highs which i sometimes noticed with my er-6i's on lower quality bitrates. Will the ms-1 take away from this harshness since i do sometimes find it headache provoking
biggrin.gif
Thanks

Will the ms-1's be more enjoyable than my e4c's? Kindof an important question since it is pointless buying them if they are simply not as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back