Grado SR60 problem
Mar 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

koporiko

New Head-Fier
Today the left side of my SR60 became way 'weaker', lacking detail and volume in general, but specially on the lows. Any idea how this may have happened?

I've opened the can and the solder seems fine, I have also cleaned any hair out of the driver and have already tested the headphone on other devices with no luck.

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Today the left side of my SR60 became way 'weaker', lacking detail and volume in general, but specially on the lows. Any idea how this may have happened?

I've opened the can and the solder seems fine, I have also cleaned any hair out of the driver and have already tested the headphone on other devices with no luck.

Plug into different sources. It may just be the connection on the end of your 3.5mm TRS or the female recipient on the device you're outputting from.

Very best,

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 10
Yes (4 years ago), but one complicating factor is that I'm not a US resident, so it would be more expensive than buy a new pair (especially because of customs).

I just carefully sucked the driver with a vacuum machine -i know, dumbest thing to do. It helps a little bit, so I tried to suck a little more (lol), but then it returned to the original fault state...

What makes me really gloomy about it is that I bought a pair of L-cushions 3 days ago (its still on the way) as a plan to pass the SR60 to my brother. Sad coincident =(

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #8 of 10
It might not look like it, but it sounds like a wire inside the jack has come severed. This occurs by bending the cable at the end too much. I'll be surpised if that's the culprit, because Grado cable are quite thick. Have you bent the cables anywhere?

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 10
Dear OP. Welcome to Grado ear. I had the same thing happen to my original pair of SR60's and the second pair I ordered to replace them had it too, third pair was a champ so far though.

My original pair the problem was the voice coil connection from the terminals to the actual voice coil. Jiggling the cable had no effect and it wasn't a short. Tapping sharply on the enclosure will sometimes temporarily fix it but it always came back then eventually just stopped working.

Do a warranty replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back