Grado SR60 Lost a Black Rod Tip
Jul 22, 2009 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nonamebrand

Head-Fier
frown.gif

One of the black rod tips on my SR60s slowly became loose awhile ago and I've finally lost it for good.

Is there a place where I can order a replacement tip?

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 10
I got so stressed after losing those black rod tips and trying to scour my room finding them that I just superglued the caps to the rods. I have no problems with those tips falling out now.

Hopefully you can mail grado to send you replacements.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 10
actually, head over to your local hardware store, and bring your grados. I'm pretty sure they'll have little end caps for them. (My ace hardware does. I think they're called nubs. )

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 10
Thanks guys. I just emailed Grado, maybe they can me a nub in the mail.

I was going to superglue it back to the rod too, I probably should have. I lost the tip about 2 years ago in my old basement room. I'm pretty sure it's been vacuumed up by now or something. Darn rod tips!!!

I'll check the hardware store too, the next time I'm there
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 10
First time caller, long time listener, and a bit late to the party, but for others seeking an alternative solution for the grado rod tips...

I've discovered that the standard size Perler beads (for crafts) fit perfectly over the stock round rods. Gives you tons of colors to choose from, too. Alternatively, any 1/8" hole bead end cap, with some non-permanent adhesive, would work if you want to get fancy.

Perler.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back