grado sr60 foam cups?
Dec 15, 2002 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bobzemuda

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in picking up the Grado SR60 for listening on the go.

The best headphones I currently have are the closed Sony MDR-7506 which I purchased as they're used a lot in live sound reference. That's what I use them for.

I admit, as the best headphones I've personally owned, they sound good. They're a touch large for wearing on the go though, and the cable is stretched out to the point of inconvenience from using in clubs.

At any rate, the cups on the 7506s are pleather I guess for lack of a better term with foam on the inside.

The Grado picks look as though they're only foam, but I can't really tell. I haven't seen a pick other than a propoganda type pick.

Just what are those cups made of?

Bill

Dec 15, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Foam, with no covering.
BTW.......welcome to Head-Fi, bobzemuda.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2002 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 11
oops i misunderstood the thigns that touch your ears (earpads) are just foam. Ive heard the actual unit called the cup for grados and those are plastic.

Dec 16, 2002 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

At any rate, the cups on the 7506s are pleather I guess for lack of a better term with foam on the inside

If you are referring to the part that touches your ear, it's pleather covered foam on the Sonys, while on the Grados, it's just foam. The only thing that touches your ear is foam.
Quote:

Joelongwood must have gotten confused

Me?!...............never!!!!!
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by bobzemuda
I'm interested in picking up the Grado SR60 for listening on the go.

The best headphones I currently have are the closed Sony MDR-7506 which I purchased as they're used a lot in live sound reference. That's what I use them for.

I admit, as the best headphones I've personally owned, they sound good. They're a touch large for wearing on the go though, and the cable is stretched out to the point of inconvenience from using in clubs.

At any rate, the cups on the 7506s are pleather I guess for lack of a better term with foam on the inside.

The Grado picks look as though they're only foam, but I can't really tell. I haven't seen a pick other than a propoganda type pick.

Bill

If you think the cord on the 7506's is cumbersome, wait till you try the Grado's
frown.gif

Dec 16, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
If you think the cord on the 7506's is cumbersome, wait till you try the Grado's
frown.gif

Oh yeah?

Are they the coiled type cable also? How long are they?

What's your complaint with them?

The only thing I can see that would be a nuisance would be the cables going to both sides instead of just one.

Bill

Dec 16, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #10 of 11
I have both the V6 and the Grados.........I much prefer the cord of the Grado. Even though its much stiffer and comes out of both ear pieces, it doesn't get tangled on things like that coiled piece of garbage. I HATE the coiled cord on the V6, particularly after it has been stretched out a bit.
mad.gif

Dec 17, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
I have both the V6 and the Grados.........I much prefer the cord of the Grado. Even though its much stiffer and comes out of both ear pieces, it doesn't get tangled on things like that coiled piece of garbage. I HATE the coiled cord on the V6, particularly after it has been stretched out a bit.
mad.gif

Exactly! That's the worst. I hate that, and mine are incredibly stretched out from using in clubs.

One of my main hobbies is taping concerts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back