Grado SR60 best for what music?
Jan 17, 2008 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cal3257

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I am an uber noob.

i'm thinking about obtaining a pair of Grado SR60's in the near future. I have heard that they are best with rock music. but what does everyone think of it w/ other music? such as vocals, pop, acoustic, classical, jazz, etc? is the liquid mids/mid hump of the grado's in the vocal range or a little higher?
also wondering, where can one try out such headphones in a store? not sure what kinda stores would have these to try out. would like to prolly bring my ipod mini (with its saddest SQ out of all ipods) to try out some. i'm either in pasadena w/ limited transportation or in nyc w/ unlimited transportation.

Right now I mostly listen out of my PX100's <3. I just bought the Maximo iM 490S cuz I realize i have been destroying my hearing on the subway, while hardly hearing any music at all. So i was looking for cheap canalphones before I jump to SR60s. hopefully i can post my impressions in a few weeks when i get them. i've listened to my friend's razer m100's, which look like cx300 and ep630s. they r more bass heavy than my px100s. and microphonics r an issue w/ these canalphones so i have to stay real still =(

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 7
I just stepped into the audiophile world, and I also agree that they sound great with all genres of music. I must admit though at first I wasn't very impressed with the grado sr60s but give them time, and they really shine.

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 7
It's more like burning your brain in. Especially with Grados. My first pair took a total of about 20 minutes to completely burn in. My next few pairs only took about 5 minutes each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back