Grado SR325i's
Jan 20, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #47 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by goraman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Majkel,I don't know if you saw my post last on on page 4 but I will not be useing a tube phone amp as they will be powered by the CDB.

You don't have to. I own none and I'm happy but I built an amp for myself and then spiced it up to taste well with the SR325i's nd the DT880's. There are for sure other devices which do the justice to the SR325i's.

Jan 24, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #48 of 50
I'm pretty new to this, but I recently auditioned the 125, 225 and 325. (A while back I heard the 60, but didn't like it so I assumed I just didn't like the Grado sound. I was wrong.)

I loved the 125! The highs made the vocals sound very realistic. Next I thought the 225 was a little smoothed over for my tastes, making the vocals a little less acoustic sounding, but the instrumentals had more pop to them. Lastly, I thought the 325 had a bigger soundstage than the other two, definitely, but the highs were shrill and metallic. I liked them the least, but I suppose with heavy rock they might be okay.

So now I'm looking for a used 125, but they're hard to find because no one gets them. In the meantime I picked up a 225 (easier to find used), and who knows, maybe they'll grow on me. No plans to get the 325. And I'm not thinking the Alessandros would be good for me, either, because I definitely like how upfront the Grados are.

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #49 of 50
I just brought my first pair of GRADO SR325i's! So far i am very pleased with the sound and quality however, they are being played out of my iPhone and for the money i paid i really do want to get the highest quality of sound. Thus, I already downloaded FLAC media software to my Macbook but did not really notice any difference between the quality of sound between FLAC and normal MP3. I figure it is due to me playing them out of the sound card on my laptop.

I figure the next step is invest in an AMP/DAC. I would like to purchase a device that i can use both portably (w/ iPhone) and at home on my computer and along with my home stereo. Is this possible??? Does anyone have any recommendations. I am looking to spend $500. Not really interested in to a tube setup but instead have been eyeing HeadAmp USB DAC/AMP. Thoughts??

I appreciate everyone's help.

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #50 of 50
Quote:
Has anyone used the big dounut pads off the 1000's and what dose this do to the sound?

That's how I roll with my 325i and 500.  Much bigger soundstage, much more comfy.  I don't get the minuses but I read where the bass is less and the highs are more.  Whatever, I'm sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back