Grado SR325 content
Apr 18, 2024 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

grungychamois

New Head-Fier
Okay, I use an SR325is with e drivers as my daily drivers. I’ve heard the whole Prestige X line. Why is there so much talk about the 325 melting your eardrums with its brightness? Yeah, it’s bright and clear, like all the others. I don’t see the cups adding harsh brightness, just way better bass and a more clear upper midrange and sparkle on top when needed. Never does it hurt my ears, or come close

Am I crazy and missing something?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 3
My journey with Grados (325is, 325e, 325x) left me with deep respect for their drivers. I just couldn't get a comfortable fit, even with different pads. Grado needs to mount their drivers in a modern, comfortable headphone. The old timers going for the WWII look is likely a diminishing market.

I find the Meze 109 Pro to offer a similar "up front" presentation, and musicality, but with a most comfortable fit.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 3
I've had the 325e and they're bright for people who are treble sensitive, but it's them not the headphones. I always take into account the person's hearing could cause complaints. I've got the Sennheiser HD700 and the 6k peak isn't nearly what a few people said was too bright either, it's fine.
Grado is great for imaging, they driver match the 225 and higher models by hand I think. They just need to redesign for comfort and one model that looks more sleek and modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back