Grado SR325 alternative with more sub-bass
Apr 11, 2018 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

malifact

500+ Head-Fier
Hello, I recently listened to the Grado SR325 headphones and I really liked the mids (especially female vocals) and treble. However, I found the sub-bass rather lacking. Are there any headphones with a similar sound signature, but some more sub-bass? I will be using the headphone almost exclusively at home with my computer and hifi system. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #2 of 4
Perhaps give the beyerdynamic DT990 a try. You'll definitely get more sub bass. The warning I'll give you is the sound signature is U-shaped so you'll end up with more bass and detail, but the kids are recessed a bit.

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Perhaps give the beyerdynamic DT990 a try. You'll definitely get more sub bass. The warning I'll give you is the sound signature is U-shaped so you'll end up with more bass and detail, but the kids are recessed a bit.

Thanks. If the mids are quite different from the Grado, I don't think I would like the DT990. Does the DT770 or DT880 have similar mids and treble to the Grado, but more bass?

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 4
I actually bought a pair of Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros because of a demo I had with them. They had similar Grado sound signature with a lot more sub bass. Check these out. They can be had for around $150.

I bought them as a bandaid while waiting for my RS2. The midrange doesn't sparkle as much as the Grados do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back