Grado SR225i mod suggestions
May 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Insomnymous

New Head-Fier
I'm fairly new to Head Fi and after looking around a bit and doing some research I decided to go with the Grado SR225i headphones and a Travagans Green DAC/amp for my very first semi-audiophile setup. I always hear people talk about mods that they do to certain cans to get a different and more enjoyable sound or feel from their cans and was wondering which ones were known about the SR225i. Any suggestions or mods are appreciated.

May 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 6
I also noticed on one thread there seems to be tape mods, reverse bowls, Senn flat pads and the TTVJ flat pads for use with the SR225i but I don't know any of them or where to begin (although the reverse bowls sounds pretty straightforward). Any ideas?

May 19, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 6
I have done the Senn HD414 reverse quarter mod but still like the look and the sound of the bowls better.

There is always a cable mod as many grado owner's aren't fans of the stock cable.

There is the ever so exciting blue tack/dynamat mod.

You have the classic woody or aluminum cup mods.

You can always replace the headband with one from a SR325i and up... they are real leather.

There are one sided cable mods.

The Beyer headband mod has been done by several members.

People will often mod the screen that covers the back of the driver to allow more airflow by either just removing the button that says "SR225i" or by using a different material.

Search around... there are millions of mods for these bad boys out there.  Good luck, have fun, and try not to destroy your headphones while modding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back